Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buys are buys, you either buy someone or you don't. I've seen nothing to suggest Pep will start either as part of our first choice CB pairing. Fernandinho & Rodri have all gotten games at CB, so it seems Pep doesn't think they're ready. I disagree.
In the same respect Garcia and Harwood-Bellis have played more minutes than the 15 and 17 years olds you mentioned as part of the long term plans. Why you think a 15 and 17 year old has more chance of starting than those two I don't know, the facts don't backup you statement, hence the confusion.

In the same respect Garcia and Harwood-Bellis have played more minutes than the 15 and 17 years olds you mentioned as part of the long term plans. Why you think a 15 and 17 year old has more chance of starting than those two I don't know, the facts don't backup you statement, hence the confusion.
It's about where our resources are going. If we get Couto, we have 6 senior fullbacks. Why? We're crying out for CBs but we're spending up to £12.5mil on a 17 year old RB? Makes no sense.

It's about where our resources are going. If we get Couto, we have 6 senior fullbacks. Why? We're crying out for CBs but we're spending up to £12.5mil on a 17 year old RB? Makes no sense.
Because he isn't a senior fullback. He hasn't even made his senior debut for Coritiba yet and isn't coming until June. He'll either play EDS or, more likely, go on loan.

I don’t know exactly but didn’t Quentin Fortune sign for two top flight clubs and was twice denied a work permit before signing for the Rags and it being a formality ?

I see you didn't get a reply there mate,fucking statto not knowing some facts, he hides if he can't come across at being clever,or in this case has to come across as clueless,makes me laugh that melt on here

A 17 year old right back is a senior fullback? You’ve lost your head.

A 17 year old senior fullback, yet 18/19 year old centre backs ignored or not classed as senior players?

By your rationale for Couto, we have; Laporte, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Stones, Garcia and Harwood-Bellis as senior centre backs or am I missing something here?

A 17 year old senior fullback, yet 18/19 year old centre backs ignored or not classed as senior players?

By your rationale for Couto, we have; Laporte, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Stones, Garcia and Harwood-Bellis as senior centre backs or am I missing something here?
Otamendi's probably leaving, Fernandinho isn't a CB and is 35 soon, Stones is going backwards, Garcia & THB have 5 Premier League games between them. Does any of that fill you with confidence? Yeah, I used the wrong word and called him a senior, but still think the money could be better spent elsewhere. Has he ever played a senior game?

Last edited:
Otamendi's probably, Fernandinho isn't a CB and is 35 soon, Stones is going backwards, Garcia & THB have 5 Premier League games between them. Does any of that fill you with confidence? Yeah, I used the wrong word and called him a senior, but still think the money could be better spent elsewhere. Has he ever played a senior game?
I don't think money is the issue, if we see him as a long term (2-3 seasons) replacement for Walker. At his age and with his reputation as a youngster, no doubt we'll be able to claw the majority of that £12m (reported) fee back if he doesn't fully make the grade with us.

In regard to other priorities, I agree, I think we need a left footed centre back as cover for Laporte and to allow us to play a back three without being reliant on one player. I also think we need a proper left winger (if Sane is going), as well as another right winger (if as I expect Sterling to slowly transition to be a central striker/false 9).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.