Yaya, Aguero and Form

Mancio said:
SingBlue said:
I dont get most of these arguments. Our problem is that teams park the bus when we play away from home and City, lacking width and or Yayas drive, can't break them down?

What do they do when they come to COMS then? Throw caution to the wind and try to play like Brazil?

I don't know what it is, but clearly our 100% home record shows that it isn't the fact that we can't break defensive teams down when we need to.

I think that the size and familiarity of the pitch might have something to do with it. We're comfortable playing at home, there's loads of room, so we always seem to find space. However when you go to places like Everton and they play 10 men behind the ball in such a concentrated area then it becomes a lot more difficult to find space.

Teams also seem to "get in our faces" a bit more away from home which could be another explanation for the differing home and away records.

Time to unleash the beast that is YAYA.

I fully expect him to play in the advanced midfield roll once again for the majority of our remaining fixtures.

He is the best box to box midfielder in the premier league.

Mario up top , Happy days people.

toffee balls said:

I fully expect him to play in the advanced midfield roll once again for the majority of our remaining fixtures.

He won't play that role. He'll be played deep alongside Barry as he has been all season.

I think we can agree that one of Toure's greatest assets is the way he runs with the ball and powers past midfields/defences.

However, we seem to struggle when teams sit deep. Therefore Yaya's return will not necessarily mean that all the problems will be solved, as the space won't be there for him to make such penetrative runs.

salfordblues said:
Mancio said:
SingBlue said:
I dont get most of these arguments. Our problem is that teams park the bus when we play away from home and City, lacking width and or Yayas drive, can't break them down?

What do they do when they come to COMS then? Throw caution to the wind and try to play like Brazil?

I don't know what it is, but clearly our 100% home record shows that it isn't the fact that we can't break defensive teams down when we need to.

I think that the size and familiarity of the pitch might have something to do with it. We're comfortable playing at home, there's loads of room, so we always seem to find space. However when you go to places like Everton and they play 10 men behind the ball in such a concentrated area then it becomes a lot more difficult to find space.

Teams also seem to "get in our faces" a bit more away from home which could be another explanation for the differing home and away records.

This ^^^^^^ all day long

Didsbury Dave said:
toffee balls said:

He won't play that role. He'll be played deep alongside Barry as he has been all season.

I think he will in selected games.

Just remember ginger nuts decided to retire when he realised what he was up against.

Didsbury Dave said:
toffee balls said:

Rubbish. He plays as our third striker almost and comes back to the holding position after we have scored the first goal.

Good post Damo.

I think maybe width is the answer, but obviously we haven't brought in any natural wide players to play on the 'correct' wing. So away from home, it will be hard....just as we're finding it to be.

Hopefully, the teams we have to play away from home will show a little bit of attacking intent.

toffee balls said:

These two positions are almost oxymoronic. If he's an advanced midfielder (i.e. almost behind Ageuro) then he won't be box to box.

Of the two descriptions above, I think he's most likely to play the box to box role.

Danamy said:
salfordblues said:

++++++++

Sorry mate but don't buy that either. Yes, although COMS is a big pitch, it's only 77 yards wide, Goodison is 78 yards wide. Goals still the same size and in the same place.

(Sunderland don't have a particularly small pitch either)

This ^^^^^^ all day long
<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:12 pm --<br /><br />damn iPad, above should say

<<Sorry mate but don't buy that either. Yes, although COMS is a big pitch, it's only 77 yards wide, Goodison is 78 yards wide. Goals still the same size and in the same place.>>

(Sunderland don't have a particularly small pitch either)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.