Yaya, Aguero and Form

Mancio said:
dear Damocles mate , I read with great interest the OP and on many things maybe I can agree.

I, however, remains with a doubt.

why we won every game at home against teams that defend with ten men and try to counter with pace , and have not won away from home where they do the same ?

i hope anyone can give me a credible logical answer or i'll be forced to stand on my point : referees.

We've had the same referees at home as we've had away, so i don't really see your point?

Danamy said:
Mancio said:
dear Damocles mate , I read with great interest the OP and on many things maybe I can agree.

why we won every game at home against teams that defend with ten men and try to counter with pace , and have not won away from home where they do the same ?

i hope anyone can give me a credible logical answer or i'll be forced to stand on my point : referees.

We've had the same referees at home as we've had away, so i don't really see your point?

first answer my question , please. if you can , of course.

Absolutely agree for the most part, our form has not been right for a while, perhaps the Spuds 1-5 and rags 1-6 has lulled is into a false sense of security.

In my view our passing game has dropped off. Watch the highlights of Spuds away and we ripped them apart, the passing was quick tempo, one touch stuff and deadly accurate. That imo has dropped off. We tend to under hit passes now giving the opposition time to close down the recipient, or we play the pass behind the receiver so he has to check his run to collect the ball. All this stunts our tempo and slows us down.

I read the posts from the lads who watch the training sessions, and Bobby seems to spend a lot of time working on quick passing routines, so it is surprising our passing game has diminished as much as it has. This is what we need to get back, and in that respect YaYa will help, correct me if I am wrong, but before he went to the ACON, wasn't he right up there at the top of the successful pass stats tables?

Either way, I look forward to his return, but like the OP, caution all against expecting an immediate return the lacerating football of the first quarter of the season.

Mancio said:
Danamy said:
Mancio said:

You obviously missed my previous post on my opinion then?

Danamy said:
Mancio said:
Danamy said:

regard the pitches ? forgive me but i dont believe that a couple of yards more or less can change anything.

Mancio said:
Danamy said:
Mancio said:

regard the pitches ? forgive me but i dont believe that a couple of yards more or less can change anything.

Its the sole reason clubs have home advantage, believe it or not 90% players tend to tune the crowd out when on the pitch.

Mancio said:
Danamy said:
Mancio said:

You don't have to agree with me but that's my opinion, you'd be surprised how a few yards can effect a teams style of play.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 pm --<br /><br />
Mancio said:
Danamy said:
Mancio said:

Can you give me your reasons about referees even though we have the same referees home and away?

The OP states that our downturn in form started on Xmas day after we beat Stoke. Well on Xmas day we were 2 points clear of united at the top and 7 clear of spurs with them having a game in hand, now let's have a looked how far we have slipped since then shall we?

I completely agree with what the OP said with regards to Aguero - His overall play is still very good, he still looks sharp on the pitch but he is tending to hold on to the ball a lot longer and snatch at shooting opportunities. Like you said, he's trying too hard to find goalscoring form.

With regards to Yaya, we simply have no one else like him. He might not always be the most effective and look unfit, but he is crutial to us. He is powerful, he can pass, he can shoot, he can control a game but on top of all of that - He is a winner, his return will benefit us no end. (Especially considering how bad Milner was against Villa)

With regards to our away form, we simply seem to have lost the belief we had at the start of the season. I really hope this doesn't carry over into our home form, (which it can do as poor away performances add more pressure on home games) as the last thing we need now is a silly draw at home against a side that isn't Chelsea or United - This is one of my main concerns with regards to our run-in.

@Mancio - your point about beating the likes of Stoke and Everton easily at home, but not getting the same result away is purely down to the mentality of the teams and fans going into the game.

City V Stoke - Stoke go into the game with the thought process of "lets try and hold on and hope for a draw" but really they know they're going to lose. They have a small amount of fans at the ground as they are the away team, who also thoroughly expect their team to lose. City and our fans go into the game expecting a convincing victory and nothing less - The atmosphere will also help.

Stoke V City - Stoke go into the game with a "fuck it, we've got nothing to lose" attitude, they will get fired up and try to cause an upset. They will use their smaller pitch to their advantage and the most important point - The atmosphere at Stoke is always good. They will cheer every throw-in and corner as if its a goal and really boost their team. Whereas City will go into the game slightly underprepared (I still don't think Mancini realises that certain teams like Stoke and Everton see us as a cup final at home and significantly raise their game and create an atmosphere) and we only have a small following as we are the away team.

I can guarantee you now, that Stoke V City will be a draw at best for us. A lot of us City fans know how tough Stoke away is and know what City are like in those kind of games. (see recent record in away games against Stoke, Everton, Sunderland and Wolves). It's all down to the mentality of the 2 teams and the 2 sets of fans.

... (and yes, the ref's are more than willing to fuck us over when we're playing away as there isn't 45,000 blues there to get on their back. Ref's in this league are cowards and will cave in to the pressure of home support)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.