Yaya and Nasri

I agree with the one striker suggestions to make room for a 3-man midfield. Of course Nasri and Yaya would need to continue to prove that it is the best option, but I also think Silva needs to prove he should get a spot too. I mean I think he is fantastic, but sometimes he goes missing for multiple games.

kenzie115 said:
daxman said:
kenzie115 said:
Looked very comfortable together today, a midfield trio of Fernandinho, Yaya and Nasri would be fantastic.
Silva on the left, Navas on the right- 1 striker.

The only issue is that Silva doesn't have Nasri's hustle and energy.

Aguero left, Silva right, Negredo up front.
this x 10000

Aguerro is a one man army that hosted and tires off defenses' which makes it possible
For the other striker to find some space.
And I agree about Yaya and Nasri, they do look like being close friends and it shines on the pitch, they just need
An effective holding MD behind them.
David teaming up with Zabs on the right would aso he my choice.

They are our two best players at holding the ball, pass and move, keeping possession. I can't help but have a little doubt about them both though, whether they are sharp enough and play with enough energy when we come up against sides with high tempo pressing and really strong, packed midfields.

pweyhe said:
I agree with the one striker suggestions to make room for a 3-man midfield. Of course Nasri and Yaya would need to continue to prove that it is the best option, but I also think Silva needs to prove he should get a spot too. I mean I think he is fantastic, but sometimes he goes missing for multiple games.

If we're being truthful, and I love Silva, that game from Nasri just now was probably a better performance over 90 minutes than we've seen from Silva since our title season.

Think it's also showing how important the centre halves are to Pellegrini's system which makes it even more perplexing we didn't break the bank for someone in the summer. Hopefully if Kompany can hold it together until Demichelis is back then we won't have this issue again.

andrewmswift said:
BigOscar said:
Are people actually suggesting them as a midfield two? Surely not

with fernandinho behind
I could see it in a 3, but I don't think Fernandinho is the holding midfielder that some think he is. He'd have to do an awful lot to make up for the defensive "efforts" of Nasri and Yaya

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.