Yaya and Nasri

I thought Nasri was absolutely superb tonight. The second half him and Yaya dominated the game. Yaya seemed to push further forward, and Nasri drifted inside where he is so much more effective.

It is the first time all season we have had players playing between the lines. It used to be our biggest strength, but this season Pellegrini seemed to have done away with it and gone for a flat and rigid midfield. I'm glad he's recognised the need to change, but rather worried it took him 5 games to realise it.

It is impossible on TV to see the position of players who are not on the ball, so can anyone who was at the game shed any light on our shape in the second half? Particularly Aguero, did he drift out to left? If so it could be the beginning of a transition to us playing 433.

masterwig said:
sam-caddick said:
I think it would be confidence suicide for Nasri if he is to get dropped for the derby, he has to start.

Please no. The guy is a fucking fanny when it comes to the crunch. I'd rather have Yaya, Fernandinho and either Rodwell or Milner in the middle. I'm really worried that if we go into the game with Yaya and Fernandinho plus a selection of attackers the rags will dominate the middle and we'll struggle.

One bad performance during a big game doesn't make him a 'fucking fanny'. He's shown his quality against United at home during our title winning season and also at old trafford last season where his defensive work on rafael was sound.

831284_Manchester_City.jpg

May not be the absolute optimal lineup, but i would like to see a lineup similiar to this on the team sheet for the derby. Kind of a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 hybrid. Nasri and Silva with free roaming roles. Aguero can also play in the middle of the 3 (in place of Nasri, where he played today) if you wanted to bring in some height ie Dezeko/Negredo. Navas providing width on the right. Solid back 4. Yaya getting forward at times, and Ferd holding. Vice versa. I think Nasri (and Silva for that matter are much more effective in the middle of the park. They're not wingers.

NAsri had a good game last night but I wouldn't start him in the derby if Silva is fit.

He's something of a flat track bully.

They are clearly good friends and they have a telepathic communication with one another

This is the SMS between them before the match
Yaya: I need the free kick at the same spot you have done for me before
Nasri: Not the problem, I will make sure you get one
After the game
Yaya: Sorry I miss
Nasri: Shame on you, let try again this Sunday.

Didsbury Dave said:
NAsri had a good game last night but I wouldn't start him in the derby if Silva is fit.

He's something of a flat track bully.
That's at least equally true of Silva as it is of Nasri, tbh...

Anyway, I don't think it's accurate to describe Nasri as a flat track bully, e.g.:

- winner at home to Chelsea in title winning season (crucial)
- first goal v Spurs in title winning season
- first goal v Chelsea in FA cup semi final
- assists for Dzeko in the 1-5 away to Spurs

Plus the performances highlighted by Train earlier in the thread.

He is inconsistent (or at least, has been for City) but not a flat track bully IMHO. Mind you, he's played out wide for much of his City career which almost inevitably leads to inconsistency.

MihaiCity said:
hart
zabba-kompany-nasty-clichy
fernandinho-yaya-nasri
navas-aguero-silva

i think a formation like that this 4-3-3 will benefit us more than the 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2
Neither Nasri or Silva are suited to wing-play. Away from home it'd be either one or the other or at home I'd go for both in an advanced position with Fernandinho behind.

I've been saying for weeks that we don't need two defensive midfielders. All we need is one who has energy, a biting tackle and who can pick a pass and Fernandinho is perfect for that role because he can also get forward to pile on the pressure if necessary.

4-1-2-3 is the way to go.

Richards-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy
---------------Fernandinho---------------
-------------Yaya---------Nasri/Silva-----
Navas----------Aguero----------Jovetic

Dribble said:
MihaiCity said:
hart
fernandinho-yaya-nasri
navas-aguero-silva

i think a formation like that this 4-3-3 will benefit us more than the 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2
Neither Nasri or Silva are suited to wing-play. Away from home it'd be either one or the other or at home I'd go for both in an advanced position with Fernandinho behind.

I've been saying for weeks that we don't need two defensive midfielders. All we need is one who has energy, a biting tackle and who can pick a pass and Fernandinho is perfect for that role because he can also get forward to pile on the pressure if necessary.

While I don't necessarily like this formation. if I were to use it, I'd still play Nasri ahead of Jovetic. Coz Nasri works his butt off defensively.

they have gotten on well from last season and now it looks like we'r gonna rip the combination we see in the team,i am ever ready see then play together against the big teams to see if they can succumb to pressure.

daxman said:
Dribble said:
MihaiCity said:
hart
fernandinho-yaya-nasri
navas-aguero-silva

While I don't necessarily like this formation. if I were to use it, I'd still play Nasri ahead of Jovetic. Coz Nasri works his butt off defensively.
Nasri and Silva's best attributes are wasted out wide imho.The 2nd half on Tuesday night was reminiscent of our title winning season with Yaya in a more advanced role with either Silva or Nasri beside him with one striker up front. Change Barry for Fernandinho and this was the formation that worked for Manchester City, not 3-5-2 or 4-4-2, we were at our best in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation and I'd go further and stick with the exciting 4-1-2-3 that we saw in the 2nd half again Plzen.

Again, we don't need two defensive midfielders and Silva and Nasri are wasted on the wings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.