Yaya-Keep or Sell?

Seluk's got no leverage if he's trying to force our hand or am I missing something?

If Pep wants Yaya, he'll keep him.

If Pep wants rid, does he really want to risk spending a year in the reserves? He's unfit enough as it is and who will pay him anywhere near what he wants when he's spent a season without first team football?

I guess the only two things that might make a difference are how badly we'd need him off the wage bill and whether or not he'd be fine with just sitting about collecting his wage for one more year before either retiring or accepting peanuts from the next club.

i would have no problem if he wants to stay as long as he is willing to take a pay cut and only be regarded as a squad player and be willing to spend most of his games coming off the bench to close the games out. I don't feel this will be what he wants though which would be a shame as i think he has so much to pass onto the youngsters coming through as he has certainly be one of City's all time greatest players whilst he has played for us of that nobody can doubt.

If he had just dumped that prick of an agent it could have been all so different

If Pep wants him & he wants to stay there's no problem imo.

We have no obligation to give him a squad place.

I thought the most likely thing would be that Yaya would leave but if he wants to stay, we still have to pay him so Pep is going to have to have him in the squad and then it up to Yaya to make himself useful. Make no mistake, Pep rates Yaya and I am sure he could find a use for him, although he would no longer be the first name on the team sheet.

If he does stay, I'd expect Pep's fitness coach to have some specific ideas on getting Yaya into the best possible shape.

Definitely think Yaya has past his sell by date personally. Requests to leave every summer, better off getting him off the wage bill and replacing him with Gundogan/Similar

With the right midfield 2 ahead of him (say Gundogan and Thiago) he could potentially play quite a bit in the Alonso/Kroos role sat infront of the CBs

In comparison to a Dinho, Toure, Fernando midfield 3 we wouldn't lose out much if at all in terns of interceptions and tackles, and with the better dribbling ability and far higher passing ability we should have a lot less defending to do anyway.

Just a thought if he does indeed stay. He'd definitely not play further ahead in CM. More likely to be used more as a ST than there

How so? Is that in his contract? I honestly don't know.
It's in the FIFA regulations which give players the freedom to terminate their contracts on just sporting reasons such as not being granted a squad place, or not being involved in match day action often enough. There was speculation at the time that Tevez might have been able to end his contract this way but as his omissions were due to his strike action, therefore 'unjust', rather than by being deliberately ignored by Mancini which would have been 'just', then attempting to terminate a contract this way would not have succeeded

If you believe the latest reports he wants to stay. I hope its for footballing reasons and he's serious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.