Yaya - Overpriced, Overpaid & Overrated

would be interesting to look back at the transfer thread at the time. He wasn't alone in his assessment if I remember correctly. I certainly remember being slated for saying he was better than Garrard who we were rumoured to be in for at the same time.

Lol reminds me of that **** from Sunday supplement, think he feels like a bigger **** than Merse Tbf.

I'll never forget Brian Reade's piece in The Mirror at the time:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/brian-reade-column-millions-squandered-3353824

"Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can.

"He wasn’t even a regular at Barcelona, having lost his place to Sergi Busquets. He may not even get a game for City, who already have four highly-rated players to fill that role – Patrick Vieira, Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany."

Outrageous that he got away with calling us "the whore of world football" in the headline too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/football-opinion/brian-reade-column-millions-squandered-3353824

"Toure is not actually that great. He’s not a creative genius who will get backsides off seats but a defensive midfielder who stops players who can.

"He wasn’t even a regular at Barcelona, having lost his place to Sergi Busquets. He may not even get a game for City, who already have four highly-rated players to fill that role – Patrick Vieira, Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany."

Outrageous that he got away with calling us "the whore of world football" in the headline too.

Never seen that before mate but surely that's bordering on libel?

To read that your club is supposedly the whore of English football in national press is disgusting

I wonder what the club's response was

For me the signing which at the time excited me the most. I'd seen what he could do in various Barca games and was dying for him to become available the year before but it didn't happen. When it emerged he wanted to leave them, I thought it was one of those worldy captures that only come along once every so often.

What's with the link Ric? Thought that scouse loving threatening liable paper was banned from here...

And that there is what they call an agenda.

I think the crackheaded one used to suffer badly through not actually having watched any teams other than Arsenal, plus a bit of Scum and Chelsea. So the rest of it he made up. Nowadays he seems a bit more clued up - they force him to watch at least one match every week.

Whilst he's still unlikely to pass the Oxford entrance exam, his enthusiam and sheer comedy value (usually unintended) make him better value these days

Oh come on. If you go back far enough you'll find a post from me thinking Buster Phillips wasn't going to be all that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.