Yaya says Pep "does not like African players" - Pep says "he's lying and knows it"

If you read back what I originally put to you,I said I couldn't give 2 fucks about what he says or does off the pitch,and care even less now he is no longer connected to us,I'm commenting on him as a player for us,what he did was immense,and he's a cupboard full of medals to prove it
Touche. Can't argue with any of that.

What I've been posting about is his off field behavior, loyalty, etc. - which in my book counts hugely. Yaya and Tevez are persona non grata - not for their on field brilliance - but for their abject behavior.

Touche. Can't argue with any of that.

What I've been posting about is his off field behavior, loyalty, etc. - which in my book counts hugely. Yaya and Tevez are persona non grata - not for their on field brilliance - but for their abject behavior.

Modern day footballer I'm afraid,and there will be more to come I'm sure,dare I say maybe the odd 1 or 2 that are in our present squad......although I'd like to think not

Modern day footballer I'm afraid,and there will be more to come I'm sure,dare I say maybe the odd 1 or 2 that are in our present squad......although I'd like to think not
Yes.
But then there's Zabba, D. Silva, KDB, etc. - tremendous on the pitch and off - true class. These are the sorts of players I forever admire.

Yes.
But then there's Zabba, D. Silva, KDB, etc. - tremendous on the pitch and off - true class. These are the sorts of players I forever admire.

We are blessed to have these types,Vinny and Sergio as well,like I say hopefully none will turn out to be a bit mouthy once they leave,but there is always a bad egg somewhere in the ranks,maybe Toure was the last one

We are blessed to have these types,Vinny and Sergio as well,like I say hopefully none will turn out to be a bit mouthy once they leave,but there is always a bad egg somewhere in the ranks,maybe Toure was the last one
One of Pep's biggest strengths - overlooked but most pundits - is his ability to instill teamwork - the individual is less important by far than the team.

He does this in several ways - by promoting this ethic to the players, by his comments to the press and by his ruthlessness in weeding out those - irrespective of talent - who are not dedicated wholeheartedly to team success.

City's current squad is entirely committed to the team - or so it seems to me. Should any player place himself above the team - well, it's on the bench - or traded under Pep.

Huh?

Ibra is an amazing player - and i actually really, really like him - and was fervently hoping that Mancini would sign him for us a few years back. But Ibra is an extremely difficult person to deal with.
=========
Pep tries very hard to avoid confrontation with his players - especially public confrontation. It seems to me that Pep will simply trade players that are too difficult to work with.

In the Pep v. Zlatan thing at Barca - Ibra forced Pep into a position of choosing between Zlatan and Messi. Pep made the correct decision.

According to Zlatan, the problem was no communication. Zlatan breaking records, scoring at will, then all of the sudden benched. Nothing about why, no information about what he needed to improve, no explanation.

Many footballers are egos and idiots. Maybe Pep just can't be arsed to spend time and energy on idiots?

Go back and listen to Kompany’s tribute to Yaya after his final game. Few on here could seriously find fault with his glowing tribute, even if they were not applicable to his last season or two with us. But they were words spoken about Yaya the footballer. As a man, the guy is inherently flawed and clearly has deep-rooted issues (not helped by his dick of an agent) and both the childlike petulance and exhibitions of ingratitude shown during his playing days and his spiteful comments and behaviour since are further indications of his deficiencies as a human being. It’s difficult, I know, but I will always try to distinguish between those two Yayas: the one I can admire, the one I can only despise.

Very well put

According to Zlatan, the problem was no communication. Zlatan breaking records, scoring at will, then all of the sudden benched. Nothing about why, no information about what he needed to improve, no explanation.

Many footballers are egos and idiots. Maybe Pep just can't be arsed to spend time and energy on idiots?
You can tell an idiot when you see one [but you can't tell an idiot much]. There's no point in wasting time on them as they won't change. Just get rid and concentrate on the genuine pro's who remain.

You can tell an idiot when you see one [but you can't tell an idiot much]. There's no point in wasting time on them as they won't change. Just get rid and concentrate on the genuine pro's who remain.

Well ya ya threatens to withdraw the African support he provides personally (or so he believes). this doesn't include British born africans bl a blah blah. Pep can't stand these mega egos as we've seen with his treatment of ya ya and big nose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.