Yaya the manager?

I can see Yaya being in the Bobby Manc mould of an arrogant who'll get the job done but will piss people off with it.

Good luck to him of he fancies it. As long as we smash his team out the ground :) It's the only way we'll know.

Yaya will be a great manager. In charge of a side, he'll ensure that each player's birthday is celebrated with cake all around. What could be better?
Encourage them to have complete arsehole agents and to tweet derogatory comments insulting the club and undermining the manager? How could it possibly go wrong???

Encourage them to have complete arsehole agents and to tweet derogatory comments insulting the club and undermining the manager? How could it possibly go wrong???
I suppose if they all become multi millionaires with CL winners medals like him, they'll all be failures...?
Yaya has made a better living than the lot of us on here... Let's have a think about who made the wiser decisions in work before we criticise him.

I suppose if they all become multi millionaires with CL winners medals like him, they'll all be failures...?
Yaya has made a better living than the lot of us on here... Let's have a think about who made the wiser decisions in work before we criticise him.
As a player, he was monstrous, albeit a passenger for much of the last 12-15 months with us. As a man, he left a fair bit to be desired. Was he under a Svengali-type figure in Seluk? Only he can answer that. But he never slapped down Seluk when the latter had one of his regular digs at Pep/the club. Aren't agents supposed to serve their clients, not vice versa.

For the debate as to whether Yaya is "smart" because he is multilingual. According to this article, studies in in the 1950s and 1960s were conflicting. The "experts" (I don't know their credentials) in the below article say multilingual people often can process multiple things happening at once easier than a monolingual person. Perhaps, this showed when Yaya was on the pitch?

Moreover, the article states, in the English speaking world being multilingual carries a "wow factor " whilst in many other parts of the world it is merely part of life.

This is just something I found interesting. I don't know if Yaya is intelligent. I've never met him and spoken with him. I know monolingual people who are quite brilliant and multilingual people who are complete rocks and vice versa.

https://learningenglish.voanews.com...an-one-language-smarter-117617108/115171.html

As a player, he was monstrous, albeit a passenger for much of the last 12-15 months with us. As a man, he left a fair bit to be desired. Was he under a Svengali-type figure in Seluk? Only he can answer that. But he never slapped down Seluk when the latter had one of his regular digs at Pep/the club. Aren't agents supposed to serve their clients, not vice versa.
Very few, if any of us on here, actually know what Yaya was/is like as a man. It's not for us to judge him on anything but his football skills.
Yaya isn't the only top player to have criticised Pep Guardiola, whether directly or indirectly, and he probably won't be the last. However, he was, I believe, the first to do so on English soil, and the English media made their usual overblown stories about it.
There's no smoke without fire... I suspect there was fault on all sides towards the end of Yaya's time at City.
Ultimately, I doubt very much that Yaya will give two hoots about what a few largely ill-informed football supporters think about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.