yaya to africa

stonie

When is his last game? Going to be missed especially with our injury problems, though he's hardly set the premier league alight this season but we have no player to step into his shoes in midfield regardless of his form...

stonie said:
When is his last game? Going to be missed especially with our injury problems, though he's hardly set the premier league alight this season but we have no player to step into his shoes in midfield regardless of his form...

Straight after the Watford game if I remember.Give Milner a chance in that position,as it looks as though Garcia could well be the DM.

Think he will leave after the Watford game but not sure he needs to play vs. Watford, but if he leaves than he should at least we get a match out of him before 5-6 weeks ACON...

And after Watford we have Arsenal away in the league missing Yaya for that match is huge Cazorla, Arteta passing around the slow Barry, Garcia it is just not going to end well.

Damanino said:
Think he will leave after the Watford game but not sure he needs to play vs. Watford, but if he leaves than he should at least we get a match out of him before 5-6 weeks ACON...

And after Watford we have Arsenal away in the league missing Yaya for that match is huge Cazorla, Arteta passing around the slow Barry, Garcia it is just not going to end well.

I'd play Zab in midfield for the Arsenal game

Major loss at vital part of the season although has been poor of late ,would give Jimmy his role as need pace in CM defo not Garcia and Barry together.

Josh Blue said:
Damanino said:

With no other fit fullbacks?!

Barry and milner in midfield with silva and nasri attacking, using garcia in a midfield 3 if necessary.

We really do need another midfielder and attacking/creative midfielder, our summer dealings were a fucking embarrasment

Josh Blue said:
Damanino said:

I've had the same thoughts.......why not play Zab in the role NDJ played, he's probably our best tackler and is versatile enough? Then gives Milner the license to get forward

All this I suppose will depend on the fitness of our fullbacks. When is Richards expected back, anyone know?

Josh Blue said:
Damanino said:

This will present the ideal opportunity for Bobby to get lucky and discover by default a formation something different to the one that everybody has worked out!

Blumers Bloomers said:
Josh Blue said:
Damanino said:

I've had the same thoughts.......why not play Zab in the role NDJ played, he's probably our best tackler and is versatile enough? Then gives Milner the license to get forward

All this I suppose will depend on the fitness of our fullbacks. When is Richards expected back, anyone know?

Because he's quite a limited footballer. Certainly on the technical side. People automatically assume that because someone is a brilliant tackler and gives it 100% every game, that there's no reason why they can't slot into CM with no trouble whatsoever. Zaba is a brilliant full back and, IMO, one of the best there is, as of today. He should stay there. You need someone in CM who can pass the ball and link defense with attack. Yes, I know he'd have someone like Barry or Garcia in there with him who are better passers, but neither of them are good enough to compensate for a CM partner who couldn't do such a role as themselves which, IMO, is what Zaba would fall into.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.