Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the minutes i saw(poor stream) he was very impressive,one challenge in particular,2nd half centre circle,was fantastic - he has obviously knuckled down and the penny has dropped - this is his swansong and,playing in this team,he will never have it better.

I hope we see more of this Yaya.

I'm both happy to see him like this, and really quite angry about what we've seen for the past 2 seasons.

How was he allowed to put on so much weight and get so complacent? How did things get so soft? He looks 5 years younger.

I will confess to thinking he was finished here, but fair play he has dropped the weight and is putting real effort in. Long may it continue

I wholeheartedly dislike Yaya but on the field he's actually really impressed me with the hunger and effort he's shown since coming back into the side which if you've read my comments over the last 2-3 years will probably come as a surprise. It would have been easy for him to sit back and let the wages keep rolling in but fair play to him for fighting his way back into the team, off the field stuff excluded he's earning his place.

Seems set to get Gundogans CL spot. Something tells me Yaya's story is not yet written at City. He's played such a large part in nearly everything we've recently won, it seems the stars are now aligning for him to add another page to our history in his last season.

8dce5a3c8fb1bf35b600acc663ce6c3b.jpg

He's always had the controlling ability and should've started playing there from last season. Pellers left him out to dry the way he was using him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.