Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to him he appears not to be causing any grief about not playing. Unfortunately at his age, with his type of physic he needs to play a lot more - chicken and egg type of thing. Yesterday when he came on I saw something we have not seen too much of this season - he gave the ball away in a dangerous area and could not get back to nullify any potential attack. Others this year are fast enough to get back and this has been one of the differences to the last two seasons. I suspect he will move on in the summer possibly even January if Gundogan proves his fitness. Great servant but time is up for Uncle Yaya.

Reports that he could be off to New York City next summer

I am sure NYCFC will be overjoyed with an ageing slow midfielder to replace the one they currently have. Thats no disrespect to Yaya but Pirlo has been bad for NYCFC on the pitch.

I am sure NYCFC will be overjoyed with an ageing slow midfielder to replace the one they currently have. Thats no disrespect to Yaya but Pirlo has been bad for NYCFC on the pitch.

Yaya will be 3 year younger and yep Pirlo been poor since he has been there.

This Yaya to NYCFC story, I've only seem it reported in the Star. Anyone more reputable than them reporting it? Anything stateside?

Yaya would be much better than Pirlo in the MSL imo. I'd love to see him go there and play up front. I can just see the 30 yard screamers and extravagant finishes now.

Let the midfeild for battlers and wingers (like back in the 90s).

Yaya like LeTissier and Villa like Dickov. -)

While there's always the possibility of a strop around the corner, he does seem to accept where he is in the pecking order and that he's there to come on later in games now. A recognition of Father Time catching up with him, and a desire to contribute when he can. He's some player to be able to bring on in the closing stages of games City are comfortable in, that's for sure. And that's no small thing either - I can't see City moving him on without a replacement this season, he's ideal in that elder statesman role.

And he's being appreciated when he comes on. Rightly so too. He might even quite like that.

Sometimes he jogs so slow that I genuinely think he's be quicker if he just walked.

Also the speed of passing seems to have gone too now, so many unnecessary touches to slow us down today.

I'll always love Yaya but dear God he's so far past done.

Moves the ball as quickly as he moves his legs, looks done tbh. Where he plays he sets the tempo of the team and his tempo has been dropping lower and lower unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.