Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like an old family pet. You know they need putting down but you can'y bring yourself to do it

The big man is done. Been a fantastic servant and one of my favourite ever players but Father Time has well and truly caught up with him.

On a side note, I don't think it is in Tosins best interests to model himself on a 34 year old Yaya. The kid needs a fucking rocket up his arse, I don't remember ever seeing a kid who is fighting for his career in the game, look so much like he doesn't give a toss. Walking around the pitch like he's been ripping it up for 10 years. It's been the same every time I have seen him play and I am yet to see anything to suggest he will make it, currently looks like a poor mans Boyata.

Yaya is a big unit to be running around for 120 minutes at 34 years of age , so will cut him some slack , he still gives 100% for the shirt unfortunately as others have said time stands still for no man , its been an honour watching him in a blue shirt in his pomp , but the end is nigh , a nice retirement season next year at New York City would be well deserved.

i knew people will be all over him today. but he was man marked the whole game... listen to Pep tell you why he played the way he did... the strikers were on him the whole game... and of course he is not as fast any longer so man marking him did take him out of the game...
i am glad Pep knows best...

On a side note, I don't think it is in Tosins best interests to model himself on a 34 year old Yaya. The kid needs a fucking rocket up his arse, I don't remember ever seeing a kid who is fighting for his career in the game, look so much like he doesn't give a toss. Walking around the pitch like he's been ripping it up for 10 years. It's been the same every time I have seen him play and I am yet to see anything to suggest he will make it, currently looks like a poor mans Boyata.

Was thinking exactly the same.. our back line was pushing up to about the halfway line in possession and each time he was just strolling up about 10 yards behind.

Yaya is a big unit to be running around for 120 minutes at 34 years of age , so will cut him some slack , he still gives 100% for the shirt unfortunately as others have said time stands still for no man , its been an honour watching him in a blue shirt in his pomp , but the end is nigh , a nice retirement season next year at New York City would be well deserved.
Give over, he was playing walking football for 120 minutes. His penalty was his first positive contribution to the game. Great player in his prime but now we're virtually a man down from the start when he's in the XI.

He still has a piece of magic in him somewhere, it's exactly why pep kept him around.... his legs have been shot for 2 years, the brain never dies though. Something tells me he still has a part to play in what could be our best ever season!!

Give over, he was playing walking football for 120 minutes. His penalty was his first positive contribution to the game. Great player in his prime but now we're virtually a man down from the start when he's in the XI.
Agreed. The thing with Yaya is when he is in the team it changes the way we play - What we needed last night was moving the ball quicker something that has changed this year, watching the game it was back to last year when we continually passed it sideways and backwards making it easy for Wolves to set up and defend. Yaya demands the ball and from where I sat was clearly telling others to give it to him which slowed it right down. Gone are the days when he was the one who would drive forward and the only time he did this was when he dived and gave away a free kick and got booked. I was happy that he signed for 1 year - at the time - but to me he has such a negative effect on the side I would be happier if he was pensioned off in January. Great pen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.