Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see him in the team with the armband on at the start last night. He was fucking bobbins but we’re only going to see him maybe two or three more times for this club so not a big problem

Last edited by a moderator:
The weakest link in the team last night by a stretch yet you'd rather slate Gundogan for an average performance than criticise this lazy sod, ycmiu.

Yaya is finished, we all know that. Yaya is playing exactly how we all know he is going to play, so what is the point in being disappointed or angry when he does exactly that? That's before we even take into account, what the guy has done for us over the years. As for Gundogan, he has never been, isnt now, or never will be, half the player a prime Yaya was.

He's almost 35 years old.. His game was based on power, a deceptive turn of pace and a good engine so you can't be surprised that you're not seeing that anymore. You can't slate him for not being as physically capable as he used to be.

Yaya is finished, we all know that. Yaya is playing exactly how we all know he is going to play, so what is the point in being disappointed or angry when he does exactly that? That's before we even take into account, what the guy has done for us over the years. As for Gundogan, he has never been, isnt now, or never will be, half the player a prime Yaya was.

I'm not angry at all, I accept he's finished but also acknowledge its difficult for others to carry him, as it was last night, and so won't come down too heavy on them either, especially not a player who's just played three full games in a week.

Felt like a testimonial, I expect we'll only see him once more, when the title is won and as a thanks and goodbye, which despite his drop off over the last 2 seasons will be an emotional, end of an era moment, he has been in every sense a colossus for City

One of our greatest ever players. Love the guy and can't criticize him for getting older and slower, it happens to us all.
Too many sentimentalists on here like yourself mate. Yaya has been stealing a living for 3 seasons. He has been one of our best and most important ever players, and we should all be indebted to what he has done at this club.

However, that seems ages ago and nowadays watching him stroll about the centre circle waiting to receive the ball to then pass it on painful to watch. He does this time and time again. He cannot run, jogging at snail pace means there's a void in midfield he simply cannot fill his position like he once could. We may as well play with 10 men as Yaya slows our game and press right down with his languid and carefree style. It's not as though he scores a wonderful goal now and again to redeem himself and justify him being on the pitch.

I'm trying not to be critical but Yaya has nothing to offer us anymore, and the club should of not offered him another contract.

Obviously he is past it now, so his energy levels are to be expected. What disappoints me with him nowadays is his passing. So lazy and negative. His passing in his prime is what separated him for me. He was a creative genius. That has gone. Each and every time he got turned last night, I was hoping to see some of that old magic, a perfect 40 yard slide rule pass. But time and time again he went backwards.

Delighted to have witnessed him as a player, happy for a couple more cameos. But time has caught up with an exceptional talent. On his day, the best central midfielder we've seen in the Premier League.

Too many sentimentalists on here like yourself mate. Yaya has been stealing a living for 3 seasons. He has been one of our best and most important ever players, and we should all be indebted to what he has done at this club.

However, that seems ages ago and nowadays watching him stroll about the centre circle waiting to receive the ball to then pass it on painful to watch. He does this time and time again. He cannot run, jogging at snail pace means there's a void in midfield he simply cannot fill his position like he once could. We may as well play with 10 men as Yaya slows our game and press right down with his languid and carefree style. It's not as though he scores a wonderful goal now and again to redeem himself and justify him being on the pitch.

I'm trying not to be critical but Yaya has nothing to offer us anymore, and the club should of not offered him another contract.

Its not about being sentimental, its about expectations. Yaya has been putting that very same performance in for a long time. Are people expecting him to all of a sudden turn into 2014 Yaya again? As you say, the club shouldn't have offered him another contract but they did and now we have to live with the consequences of that. I am not gonna get pissed off with Yaya, because when he plays once in a blue moon, he plays like the 34 year old midfielder he is. I am more concerned with the likes of Danilo, Stones and Gundogan, who are big parts of this squad and can't get themselves up for a last 16 CL game. It's with those players that I have higher expectations and therefore concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.