Yaya Toure - ACON

AFCON starts on January 19th so we will probably try and make sure he plays the Arsenal game on January 12th (but that isn't certain as they call their players quite early). Excluding any FA Cup matches our schedule minus the Arsenal game (if he is gone by then) during his absence, assuming Ivory Coast go all the way, isn't that bad - Fulham H, QPR A, Liverpool H, Southampton A. All of those fixtures are winnable without Yaya. We had a much tougher schedule last season if memory serves me right with the League Cup semi, United in the cup, Spurs home, and Everton away.

LoveCity said:
AFCON starts on January 19th so we will probably try and make sure he plays the Arsenal game on January 12th (but that isn't certain as they call their players quite early). Excluding any FA Cup matches our schedule minus the Arsenal game (if he is gone by then) during his absence, assuming Ivory Coast go all the way, isn't that bad - Fulham H, QPR A, Liverpool H, Southampton A. All of those fixtures are winnable without Yaya. We had a much tougher schedule last season if memory serves me right with the League Cup semi, United in the cup, Spurs home, and Everton away.

Agree, but Liverpool at home and QPR away won't be a walk in the park, even wirth Yaya on the pitch.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
salfordblues said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well we dont have to worry about a 2 leg tie in league cup this year. We were awful through January last year, Feb and March as well but generally January

Yes but we may be contemplating a more important two legged tie in February.

Im going to hang my bollocks on the line and say I dont think we will need to worry about that

Where's your optimism? Do the double over Ajax and we're right back in the mix!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
salfordblues said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well we dont have to worry about a 2 leg tie in league cup this year. We were awful through January last year, Feb and March as well but generally January

Yes but we may be contemplating a more important two legged tie in February.

Im going to hang my bollocks on the line and say I dont think we will need to worry about that

what are we out already damm missed that

we are better than last season in squad players and i would like to see us not hanging all our hope on 1 player its a team sport

If memory serves me right Yaya went to the ACON last season and we still won the championship. Yaya's good but we're not a one man team.

Alex the Blue said:
If memory serves me right Yaya went to the ACON last season and we still won the championship. Yaya's good but we're not a one man team.

We did have a wobble at the same time crashing out of both cups too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.