Yaya Toure apologises

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has pleaded guilty to drink-driving, but says he had not "intentionally consumed alcohol".

The 33-year-old accepts he was "above the permitted limit", and did not challenge the charge.

The Ivory Coast international was fined £54,000 and banned from driving for 18 months by Barkingside magistrates.

"It is well known that I am a Muslim and do not drink, said Toure. "I have always refused alcohol."

Toure was driving in Dagenham in east London at the time of the offence last month.

He pleaded guilty to the charge on Monday, but did not say in his Facebook statement how the alcohol got into his system.

In his statement Toure added: "Drink-driving is a serious crime and even though I was not intentionally consuming alcohol I accept the ban and fine and I would like to apologise for this situation."

The Ivory Coast international was recalled to the Manchester City squad earlier this month after apologising for "misunderstandings" relating to comments made by his agent Dimitri Seluk.

It's quite easy to 'consume alcohol' unknowingly. I'm a non drinker and previously people have put vodka in my orange juice, knowing it's difficult to smell and taste (because you think it's your taste buds that are off a bit). You can smell it, but you really have to aware that you're suspicious otherwise you'd just drink your juice.

Being a former victim, I can believe him.

18 month ban, which suggests he was more than just over the limit. I can understand that you could drink an orange juice that had been laced with a small quantity of vodka without realising. But could you drink enough vodka to be well over the limit?

18 month ban, which suggests he was more than just over the limit. I can understand that you could drink an orange juice that had been laced with a small quantity of vodka without realising. But could you drink enough vodka to be well over the limit?
Immaculate consumption. It's a miracle I tell ya.

In a weird way, it reminded me of this

An early guilty plea puts an end to it at court so no details are relevant anymore and will never be heard. He can now airbrush it any way he wants, so long as those who he was boozing with stay schtum about it of course. Yaya is revising history, and making the bed just like Joey Bishop did in that film

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.