Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Yaya has been over in Qatar for the last few days. Now maybe I'm putting 2+2 and getting 5 but there's a chance he's met up with the PSG owners & they're giving him the red carpet treatment.

Looks like I may have been right on my maths calculations.

After a few days to digest this bombshell my feeling is this.
Yaya arrived from Barcelona as a very good holding midfielder/defender. In the time he’s spent here he’s been allowed to express himself in different areas of the pitch, transforming him onto one of the very best European players around.
Yaya should be grateful to Manchester City for allowing him this opportunity and therefore should show the club respect. If he had stayed at Barcelona he would most likely have still been on the fringe of the squad playing central defence.

If he really wants to move away then it should be on our terms. The chances are that Yaya is 31 now and it’s unlikely he could have as good a season as he did last year. If PSG are willing to pay £40m + for a 31year old & we can get the right replacement then I would go for it.

Chippy_boy said:
Who knows what's going on, but here's my take on it. Make of it what you will...

Yaya is an emotional guy, a bit of a prima donna, and a bit childish. He likes to be the centre of attention and to be overtly praised by all. He's got this huge chip on his shoulder about the African thing, and then there's the player of the year going to Suarez and worse, Gerrard getting runner up. So he's a bit pissed off.

For a couple of years now, he's thought about the idea of going back to Barca, and has been thinking one day he might like to do that.

Then I suspect something trivial has happened between him and the club that has annoyed him as well. Maybe it's a number of things, like not being at the front in the title celebrations or some other trivia. And maybe Sheikh Mansour didn't bow down to him as he would of liked. I think its very possible that these nonsense stories - nonsense because it's all so utterly childish - actually have a grain of truth to them.

He's mentioned this to his utter fuckwit of an agent. His agent is painfully aware that Yaya has 3 years to run on his contract and has the square root of fuck all chance of getting a transfer to Barca. And therefore no agents' fee. So he cooks up this scam. He tells Yaya he will bang on in the media about how upset he is about his birthday and him being disrespected. He tells him its a great strategy because the likely outcome is either an improved contract, or a possibility of a transfer to Barca. Either way, a win for Yaya and the agent.

Yaya agrees to go along with it. He's a prima donna sifter all and is a bit pissed off, for whatever reason. What he does not bargain on is the total shit storm in the media, with City fans saying he can fuck off, newspapers saying he's a childish prick, and the generally terrible PR. So he tweets to say, don't worry about things I haven't said, and I show my commitment on the pitch etc.

Seluk says what the fuck are you doing. Leave this to me, i know what I am doing. Keep your gob shut and leave the tweeting to me. Foolishly, Yaya agrees, and now here we are.

If indeed this is what has happened, then it is a MONUMENTAL cock up by Yaya. He was probably thinking a few daft comments from his agent would do no harm and might improve his outlook. I suspect he had no idea how badly this would backfire. If this is the case, he needs to give himself a big fat slap and wake up. Get out there and do some serious grovelling and distance himself as far from his agent as is humanly possible. If he does not do this - and it may already be too late - he could find himself stuck here, ostracised by the manager and City management, distanced from his teammates, distanced from the fans, dropped from the CL squad (an easy decision bearing in mind the FFP sanctions) and only coming on as a sub away against Stoke and Sunderland. A fine and glorious end to an illustrious career. Oh, and no bonuses either.

Instead of improving his lot, he will have completely wrecked the final and best years of his career.

Yaya: Get a grip! Do the right thing. Ditch you agent and come clean, before it's too late.

Straight to the point as ever.

pudge & rodge said:
Chippy_boy said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Then why hasn't he come out and said it?

Any number of reasons. Maybe he's asleep? It is the middle of the night in Qatar or wherever he is.

My personal view is that Seluk is pulling the strings and has told Yaya to shut the fuck up, trust me, i know what I am doing etc etc and leave the twitter business to me. And like a pillock, Yaya's gone along with it.
Problem with that is, I doubt Yaya is as gullible as you are

Well whatever the reason, I am 100.0000000% confident he did not post the offending tweet. There is not one atom of a shred of doubt about it.

It was a running theme last season that there was some agenda in the press against us. Noone ever mentioned us.

Ah well that's all changed. I hope Pellers has been tasked with sorting it out ASAP and with the usual low profile approach. But Toure has to make a statement closing it off or declaring he wants away and we can twirl him off.

Some of his performances have been lack lustre, and his "strained muscle injuries" that have forced him off the pitch have quickly cleared up.

A Tevez scenario all over again. Marvellous.

80s Shorts said:
Chippy_boy said:
Who knows what's going on, but here's my take on it. Make of it what you will...

Yaya is an emotional guy, a bit of a prima donna, and a bit childish. He likes to be the centre of attention and to be overtly praised by all. He's got this huge chip on his shoulder about the African thing, and then there's the player of the year going to Suarez and worse, Gerrard getting runner up. So he's a bit pissed off.

For a couple of years now, he's thought about the idea of going back to Barca, and has been thinking one day he might like to do that.

Then I suspect something trivial has happened between him and the club that has annoyed him as well. Maybe it's a number of things, like not being at the front in the title celebrations or some other trivia. And maybe Sheikh Mansour didn't bow down to him as he would of liked. I think its very possible that these nonsense stories - nonsense because it's all so utterly childish - actually have a grain of truth to them.

He's mentioned this to his utter fuckwit of an agent. His agent is painfully aware that Yaya has 3 years to run on his contract and has the square root of fuck all chance of getting a transfer to Barca. And therefore no agents' fee. So he cooks up this scam. He tells Yaya he will bang on in the media about how upset he is about his birthday and him being disrespected. He tells him its a great strategy because the likely outcome is either an improved contract, or a possibility of a transfer to Barca. Either way, a win for Yaya and the agent.

Yaya agrees to go along with it. He's a prima donna sifter all and is a bit pissed off, for whatever reason. What he does not bargain on is the total shit storm in the media, with City fans saying he can fuck off, newspapers saying he's a childish prick, and the generally terrible PR. So he tweets to say, don't worry about things I haven't said, and I show my commitment on the pitch etc.

Seluk says what the fuck are you doing. Leave this to me, i know what I am doing. Keep your gob shut and leave the tweeting to me. Foolishly, Yaya agrees, and now here we are.

If indeed this is what has happened, then it is a MONUMENTAL cock up by Yaya. He was probably thinking a few daft comments from his agent would do no harm and might improve his outlook. I suspect he had no idea how badly this would backfire. If this is the case, he needs to give himself a big fat slap and wake up. Get out there and do some serious grovelling and distance himself as far from his agent as is humanly possible. If he does not do this - and it may already be too late - he could find himself stuck here, ostracised by the manager and City management, distanced from his teammates, distanced from the fans, dropped from the CL squad (an easy decision bearing in mind the FFP sanctions) and only coming on as a sub away against Stoke and Sunderland. A fine and glorious end to an illustrious career. Oh, and no bonuses either.

Instead of improving his lot, he will have completely wrecked the final and best years of his career.

Yaya: Get a grip! Do the right thing. Ditch you agent and come clean, before it's too late.

Straight to the point as ever.

Guilty, as ever ;-)

Hihosilva said:
Yaya has been over in Qatar for the last few days. Now maybe I'm putting 2+2 and getting 5 but there's a chance he's met up with the PSG owners & they're giving him the red carpet treatment.

No understand the politics of the region and this will be considered a personal insult between people with more to lose than a footballer.

Sheiks do not go up against each other over such "minor" matters.

Yaya must be paying this **** minimum wage, there's no way he can be paying this agent top dollar, the man is a loon.

didactic said:
Ok just heard the agent on Sky Sports news. Did I hear him say

"Ok it's not about money we negotiated with a club for less fee but more attention!"

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Change "Attention" to Bonuses/incentives and that will be about right he signed and extension of around 150k a week with incentives bonuses

"Everything dimitry said is true . He speaks for me . I will give an interview after world cup to explain"

Its still on since about 8-9 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.