Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

sir baconface said:
aguero93:20 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Great, now why did Fabregas start all 3 Clasico's then? :)
Answer the question, Do you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player?
Also, Do you think a player that's been made available for a transfer is a crucial first team player?

This has got totally repetitive. It's not that relevant anyway.

Barca once released Yaya because he wasn't crucial. He developed into a world class player with us. Who's to say a similar situation won't arise with Fabregas?

Is Merlin a crucial first teamer for Spain? He'll do us.

Not having a go, mate, but let's not get stuck in a rut.
Don't worry I've let it go. Just to state again though that I do believe Fabregas is class and I'd love to have him here, I was never disputing that.

Have to admit even though he's our player, I've greatly enjoyed the response to this in the press and amongst other fans. If this was a master plan cooked up between himself and his agent, he needs much better advisors. He's certainly not going to get much respect now.

sir baconface said:
Answer the question, Do you think that a player who can't hold down a position is a crucial first team player?
Also, Do you think a player that's been made available for a transfer is a crucial first team player?

This has got totally repetitive. It's not that relevant anyway.

Barca once released Yaya because he wasn't crucial. He developed into a world class player with us. Who's to say a similar situation won't arise with Fabregas?

Is Merlin a crucial first teamer for Spain? He'll do us.

Not having a go, mate, but let's not get stuck in a rut.
Don't worry I've let it go. Just to state again though that I do believe Fabregas is class and I'd love to have him here, I was never disputing that.

Fair enough, mate. :-)

wireblue said:
agyeiboateng said:
Matty said:
If I were to attempt to assess this situation I'd wager Yaya's birthday has the sum total of fuck all to do with anything. This smacks of a player, and an "agent", recognising that Yaya has probably just had the season of his career, and that his value will never be higher, especially given he's now 31 years old. They are both aware that he's got 3 years left on his contract and, as such, he'll be 34 when that ends, and his ability to get another huge contract will have diminished. Whether this is he agent's idea/plan, of that of Yaya, is unclear, but it would seem someone has decided this is the time to rock the boat and either unsettle the club so he is sold (and gets a huge payoff, and huge new wage in the process) or force City's hand into offering him an improved contract of some description. My money would be on the agent (who, lets face it, won't be getting any big paydays anytime soon if he lets Yaya see out the rest of his deal at City) and Yaya is either happy to oblige or else is naive and can't see that his "friend" Dimitri is actually a leech trying to suck the last bit of revenue he can out of his charge.

I simply can't see City having treated Yaya in anything other than an exemplary manner, the behind the scenes picture you're given is of a happy, harmonious dressing room, and attentive and professional backroom staff, and a hands on, approachable directorship/chairman. Any slight Yaya may mention in his post World Cup statement (a timescale that does City no favours and allows this issue to fester and rumble on for the next 2 months) will be a perceived one as opposed to an actual one, and is more likely to be a smokescreen for what is really going on here, a moneygrab (either from us, or from another club eventually). City actually find themselves in a strong position here, Yaya has 3 years on his deal and, quite frankly, he's made himself look petty, childish and more than a little pathetic by getting his agent to cry on his behalf, especially about something as inconsequential as City apparently not celebrating his birthday with the right amount of gusto and reverence. One would think paying him almost £11m a year would be recognition enough.......

so what does he want

he is already the highest paid player at the club
so a new contract worth 300k like messi and ronaldo? oh please he isn't wroth that. World class player yes, but not top 3 in the world to be paid like messi, ronaldo, iniesta etc

Messi just got an improved contract. There were a few fun and games in the press etc but he didn’t start complaining about a birthday cake.
There are ways of doing things.
Yaya has gone from one of the most respected players in world football to a complete and utter laughing stock – not just with football fans around the world but the general public. I can’t see how he would see an extra few thousand a week as being worth tarnishing his reputation to such a degree.

Before yesterday it was yaya toure – one of the world’s great players
Today it’s yaya toure – the multi-millionaire who spat out his dummy because someone forgot his birthday. That’s what people will remember first before all his achievements.

Taking my allegiances away – from a purely business perspective I don’t see how that will help yaya financially in the future.

He is quite literally the joke of world football at the moment.
messi deserves it
he is a one in a generation player, has won 4 world player of the years and is seen as one of the best players of his generation. I wonder how much he makes barcelona in terms of shirt sales etc

Yaya really has show the kind of human being he is. I remember him moaning about not getting the same press as Messi does. I mean really, you think you should be getting the same plaudits as Messi? Maybe show up in the CL a bit more and people will start to notice you.
Toure really sums up everything thats wrong with modern footballers. It reminds me of when A.Cole said he crashed his car because Arsenal 'only offered 60k a week'.
Him, Tevez and Rooney are all made from the same cloth.

BillyShears said:
Matty said:
If I were to attempt to assess this situation I'd wager Yaya's birthday has the sum total of fuck all to do with anything. This smacks of a player, and an "agent", recognising that Yaya has probably just had the season of his career, and that his value will never be higher, especially given he's now 31 years old. They are both aware that he's got 3 years left on his contract and, as such, he'll be 34 when that ends, and his ability to get another huge contract will have diminished. Whether this is he agent's idea/plan, of that of Yaya, is unclear, but it would seem someone has decided this is the time to rock the boat and either unsettle the club so he is sold (and gets a huge payoff, and huge new wage in the process) or force City's hand into offering him an improved contract of some description. My money would be on the agent (who, lets face it, won't be getting any big paydays anytime soon if he lets Yaya see out the rest of his deal at City) and Yaya is either happy to oblige or else is naive and can't see that his "friend" Dimitri is actually a leech trying to suck the last bit of revenue he can out of his charge.

I simply can't see City having treated Yaya in anything other than an exemplary manner, the behind the scenes picture you're given is of a happy, harmonious dressing room, and attentive and professional backroom staff, and a hands on, approachable directorship/chairman. Any slight Yaya may mention in his post World Cup statement (a timescale that does City no favours and allows this issue to fester and rumble on for the next 2 months) will be a perceived one as opposed to an actual one, and is more likely to be a smokescreen for what is really going on here, a moneygrab (either from us, or from another club eventually). City actually find themselves in a strong position here, Yaya has 3 years on his deal and, quite frankly, he's made himself look petty, childish and more than a little pathetic by getting his agent to cry on his behalf, especially about something as inconsequential as City apparently not celebrating his birthday with the right amount of gusto and reverence. One would think paying him almost £11m a year would be recognition enough.......

It's a philosophical point but I'd argue that when a player/agent behaves in the manner in which these two morons have, regardless of the talent of the player, we should wash our hands tout suite. I know that you could argue that well the player wins because he gets what he wants ... but from my point of view anyone leaving the current modern City is taking a step backwards in their career and as such we shouldn't give a flying fuck. Equally from a financial stand point, we saw with Tevez that when players start publicly wanting out their valuation is only going to go south and the longer you keep the player the further south it will go. Better to get the best fee you can.

This is a very difficult situation to predict if i'm honest because of the iron curtain. Indications seem to be that City are taking the Tevez stance and it might well be that we force Toure to stay regardless of the offers. However I can't help but feel that would fly directly in the face of everything Khaldoon said about the season just gone, the harmony both on the field and off the field at the club, and the vindication of a more holistic approach to things. We sold Balo, we sold Tevez, and we sacked Mancini. Keeping Toure after this escapade would seem contradictory in a way.

First class post Billy. I couldn't agree more.

It seems that Pellegrini has cut short his holiday and smoothed things over by taking Yaya to Disney World and buying him a balloon.

Good job too, because Arsenal were ready to pounce and throw him a party with a bouncy castle and everything.

<a class="postlink" href="http://eveningharold.com/2014/05/21/manchester-city-pacify-yaya-toure-with-trip-to-disney-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://eveningharold.com/2014/05/21/man ... ney-world/</a>

Yesterday I was shocked then disgusted with him; today I'm feeling a sense of loss. Yesterday I wanted him out and good riddance; today I'm hoping this can all be repaired and he stays.

Still want that shit stain of and agent dealt with.

Henkeman said:
Plus whoever else the rags sign this summer after that contract. Mind you, anyone they sign is automatically the next Messi/Ronaldo/Beckenbauer/Baresi/Zidane and the bestest, most amazingest ever player to play in their position in the whole wide world.
Gullible cunts.

They already have Zinedine Cleverley. And the new Duncan Edwards. What more do you want?
Well they're putting Robertshaw Carlos on £100k a week aren't they?
why does everything have to be compared with the rags? its gets really annoying and tedious.

Its like come city fans are obsessed with them ffs.

fantastic player,that has his flaws.1 some games he really can't be arsed (usually less profile) sunderland away etc.2 he is a spoilt twat that need's constant praise . with these two flaws there is no coming back ,he could well turn out for us next year ,but his relationship with the club and fan's will never be the same ,the first shit game he has some fan's will question his commitment ,being a spoilt twat ,he will be in a perpetual sulk for not getting his own way, and his overall impact and input ,will not reach this season's height's.if fernando is coming in fuck him off to the highest bidder abroad ,realistically any team that can afford him will have players that we can part exchange if need be.with the midfield /forward line up we have got we will always score goals .with players like fabregas potentially available he also has the potential to score 15 -20 a season.with the workrate of fernandinho,fernando and a fabregas like player we will also have a more mobile unit for champion's league games where we have been exposed at times.FFP net spend could bite us on the arse slightly this year if we are replacing toure, as although he could command a high price his replacement will be expensive,it will free up a huge wage though and could make a home grown place or 2 available depending on his replacement.i don't often post on here but wished i logged on here yesterday when billy was getting stick ,as like him i think toure at times is a **** and for all his achievement's at city ,i have a lot more respect for most of our squad ,who if they had his ability would use it to so much more effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.