Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

More bad news lads I'm afraid....

I took it on myself to look at alternatives if YaYa did leave and have contacted the obvious replacement. Unfortunately Jamie Pollock has recently got a promotion at Teesside B&Q and says he is not interested at this stage in his career.....

Back to the drawing board....

Tony Adcock said:

I took it on myself to look at alternatives if YaYa did leave and have contacted the obvious replacement. Unfortunately Jamie Pollock has recently got a promotion at Teesside B&Q and says he is not interested at this stage in his career.....

Stephen Ireland?

agyeiboateng said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Yesterday I was shocked then disgusted with him; today I'm feeling a sense of loss. Yesterday I wanted him out and good riddance; today I'm hoping this can all be repaired and he stays.

Still want that shit stain of and agent dealt with.
he should be shown the door

i can't understand how you could side with a 200k a week earning player moaning about not receiving a birthday cake.

I know - I'm weak!

Actually I'm getting back to being bloody furious and disgusted again!

Tony Adcock said:

Hamaan's always banging on about what a liability Yaya is, let's sign Didi up as he was always better than Yaya anyway.

Matty said:
If I were to attempt to assess this situation I'd wager Yaya's birthday has the sum total of fuck all to do with anything. This smacks of a player, and an "agent", recognising that Yaya has probably just had the season of his career, and that his value will never be higher, especially given he's now 31 years old. They are both aware that he's got 3 years left on his contract and, as such, he'll be 34 when that ends, and his ability to get another huge contract will have diminished. Whether this is he agent's idea/plan, of that of Yaya, is unclear, but it would seem someone has decided this is the time to rock the boat and either unsettle the club so he is sold (and gets a huge payoff, and huge new wage in the process) or force City's hand into offering him an improved contract of some description. My money would be on the agent (who, lets face it, won't be getting any big paydays anytime soon if he lets Yaya see out the rest of his deal at City) and Yaya is either happy to oblige or else is naive and can't see that his "friend" Dimitri is actually a leech trying to suck the last bit of revenue he can out of his charge.

I simply can't see City having treated Yaya in anything other than an exemplary manner, the behind the scenes picture you're given is of a happy, harmonious dressing room, and attentive and professional backroom staff, and a hands on, approachable directorship/chairman. Any slight Yaya may mention in his post World Cup statement (a timescale that does City no favours and allows this issue to fester and rumble on for the next 2 months) will be a perceived one as opposed to an actual one, and is more likely to be a smokescreen for what is really going on here, a moneygrab (either from us, or from another club eventually). City actually find themselves in a strong position here, Yaya has 3 years on his deal and, quite frankly, he's made himself look petty, childish and more than a little pathetic by getting his agent to cry on his behalf, especially about something as inconsequential as City apparently not celebrating his birthday with the right amount of gusto and reverence. One would think paying him almost £11m a year would be recognition enough.......

Welcome to the "new" world of topfootball. Look at Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo etc. have been doing over and over again.
As for another salaryraise, and I agree it looks like a very poor attempt to do so, it's up to the owner, Khaldoon, Soriano, Txiki, and Pellegrini to decide on that matter. Most of the time the player wins.
Yaya has been very important for us and I expect Yaya to play for us next season. But I can't help wondering where Yaya would end up if the club puts his claim aside ...

Tony Adcock said:

He's on a strict diet and can't eat cake.

Puppet Master Silva said:
BillyShears said:
Matty said:
If I were to attempt to assess this situation I'd wager Yaya's birthday has the sum total of fuck all to do with anything. This smacks of a player, and an "agent", recognising that Yaya has probably just had the season of his career, and that his value will never be higher, especially given he's now 31 years old. They are both aware that he's got 3 years left on his contract and, as such, he'll be 34 when that ends, and his ability to get another huge contract will have diminished. Whether this is he agent's idea/plan, of that of Yaya, is unclear, but it would seem someone has decided this is the time to rock the boat and either unsettle the club so he is sold (and gets a huge payoff, and huge new wage in the process) or force City's hand into offering him an improved contract of some description. My money would be on the agent (who, lets face it, won't be getting any big paydays anytime soon if he lets Yaya see out the rest of his deal at City) and Yaya is either happy to oblige or else is naive and can't see that his "friend" Dimitri is actually a leech trying to suck the last bit of revenue he can out of his charge.

I simply can't see City having treated Yaya in anything other than an exemplary manner, the behind the scenes picture you're given is of a happy, harmonious dressing room, and attentive and professional backroom staff, and a hands on, approachable directorship/chairman. Any slight Yaya may mention in his post World Cup statement (a timescale that does City no favours and allows this issue to fester and rumble on for the next 2 months) will be a perceived one as opposed to an actual one, and is more likely to be a smokescreen for what is really going on here, a moneygrab (either from us, or from another club eventually). City actually find themselves in a strong position here, Yaya has 3 years on his deal and, quite frankly, he's made himself look petty, childish and more than a little pathetic by getting his agent to cry on his behalf, especially about something as inconsequential as City apparently not celebrating his birthday with the right amount of gusto and reverence. One would think paying him almost £11m a year would be recognition enough.......

It's a philosophical point but I'd argue that when a player/agent behaves in the manner in which these two morons have, regardless of the talent of the player, we should wash our hands tout suite. I know that you could argue that well the player wins because he gets what he wants ... but from my point of view anyone leaving the current modern City is taking a step backwards in their career and as such we shouldn't give a flying fuck. Equally from a financial stand point, we saw with Tevez that when players start publicly wanting out their valuation is only going to go south and the longer you keep the player the further south it will go. Better to get the best fee you can.

This is a very difficult situation to predict if i'm honest because of the iron curtain. Indications seem to be that City are taking the Tevez stance and it might well be that we force Toure to stay regardless of the offers. However I can't help but feel that would fly directly in the face of everything Khaldoon said about the season just gone, the harmony both on the field and off the field at the club, and the vindication of a more holistic approach to things. We sold Balo, we sold Tevez, and we sacked Mancini. Keeping Toure after this escapade would seem contradictory in a way.

Well put, Yaya has dug himself a hole he can't get out of. City fans won't forget it and neither will the media over here, even if he does stay it won't be the same for him.

Yep. I'm quite torn. I have said how I think Yaya almost fits into the irreplaceable bracket- despite him having shortcomings. BUT, if he doesn't want to be here we may as well get rid on the back of his best season with us.

If we can replace him with 2 quality midfielders, preferably relatively young and homegrown/associated homegrown then that is great business, especially for the future.

The rest of his career with us will be slightly tainted now, I think, unless he comes out and confirms it was utter, utter rubbish.

It's sad that a player of his quality is a bit of a laughing stock now.

Henkeman said:
aguero93:20 said:
agyeiboateng said:
why does everything have to be compared with the rags? its gets really annoying and tedious.

Its like come city fans are obsessed with them ffs.

Do you feel suitably told off? I'm hanging my head in shame here....
Mortified and ashamed, I feel if I sink much further it would be comparable to seventh place.

This all started with the FFP ruling.

Yaya's agent clearly thinks we would have to sell Yaya if he wants out.

In his eyes, with the financial restrictions, we can't afford to let Yaya rot in the reserves and not replace him.

He's probably right. If Yaya wants to go, we have to sell him now.

We have £49 million to spend - plus player sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.