Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Damocles said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Well, last season we basically gave him the contract he wanted. 4 year contract for a 30 year old is unheard of .

Will we bend over this time ? I don't know.

Errr...no it's not. It's not even uncommon. It's not even uncommon inside of City

Most big clubs offer one year deals to players once they reach the age of 30.
Man Utd and RVP

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Damocles said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Well, last season we basically gave him the contract he wanted. 4 year contract for a 30 year old is unheard of .

Errr...no it's not. It's not even uncommon. It's not even uncommon inside of City

Not massive clubs?

Marvin said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Damocles said:

Man Utd and RVP

I don't know if they have given him a 4 year deal recently or not. But I think Utd's policy is to give one year deals to players who are in their 30's. Chelsea and Arsenal have this policy too.

Seluk pushed us to give Yaya a 4 year deal last season.. at the time we was in turmoil and we so granted him his wish. But this time, the club is healthy, there's no crisis, everyone is happy, we just won two trophies, the future looks bright and we will be not be held to ransom by Toure and Dimitry.

Damocles said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Damocles said:

It is when it's £220k per week!!!

Somewhat interestingly, do you know what the original source of that £220k a week wage figure for Yaya was?

Dmitry Seluk in an interview with the Sun when he first signed. He claimed Yaya "could earn over £200k a week" if bonus conditions were met. Rodney Marsh who was on the radio at the time then claimed his wage was £220k and it has stuck since then.

I'm always fascinated on how these little pieces of information become well known. You see now the newspapers who read those quotes put in their article that Yaya is on £220k a week and they can tenuously source it to quotes from his agent. And anybody else in the future sees that The Times puts his wage at £220k so therefore that's a reliable source. It's a sort of feedback loop, xkcd did a comic about it:

[bigimg]http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/citogenesis.png[/bigimg]

I can't remember what the specifics were, but there was a news item a while back where someone had died and all the media faithfully reported that said person had composed some famous but unlikely piece of music, because all the hacks had done was go to Wikipedia and copy out the nonsense that was on there. The beauty of it was that since the press all reported this piece of total fiction, by Wikipedia's rules, it could then be referenced and included on their page as a properly sourced piece of information, even though it was totally untrue. A perfect circular firing squad - so it's not just a cartoon, it really happened.

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Damocles said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:

I think that it depends on player and club didn't Liverpool give Gerrard a 6 year deal at 30?

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Marvin said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Man Utd and RVP

I don't know if they have given him a 4 year deal recently or not. But I think Utd's policy is to give one year deals to players who are in their 30's. Chelsea and Arsenal have this policy too.

Seluk pushed us to give Yaya a 4 year deal last season.. at the time we was in turmoil and we so granted him his wish. But this time, the club is healthy, there's no crisis, everyone is happy, we just won two trophies, the future looks bright and we will be not be held to ransom by Toure and Dimitry.[/quote

Yaya was 29 when he signed that deal.

Just sayin'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.