Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

M18CTID said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Some fantastic over reactions in this thread. This has happened before with Seluk, pretty much every year and it's no different this time, just a funnier, more insane topic he has chosen. As for Yaya should 'destroy' his agent, that's not going to happen either as the guy has, by bizarre methods admittedly, done a pretty good job making his client one of the best paid sportsmen on the planet wouldn't you say?

Huge misstep here, and the fool has sadly made Yaya look a bit ridiculous, but no harm done to City, and you can see how excited our rivals are that a) there's a tiny possibility he may leave which is great for them as it weakens us and b) an even tinier possibility he may sign for them! Not sure why so many of our own fans are keen for that to happen - what has been said that is SO unforgivable and serious? I just don't see it. Especially not by Yaya, who has said in the past that he speaks for himself. If I hadn't read this thread I wouldn't have imagined so many would be so worked up about such a nonsensical event?

Yep, while the whole thing is utterly bizarre it's not much different to what Seluk said last year just prior to Yaya signing his new contract - I don't recall as much mouth-foaming on here back then.

The difference this year is that it is taking the attention from a fantastic season & causing unnecessary worries esp with the FFP issues. Whilst I think he is a fantastic player after this episode Id be fine for him to leave in a African Cup of Nations season subject to us getting a decent value for him and a good replacement. Fabregas being a few years younger would fit the bill for me.

M18CTID said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Some fantastic over reactions in this thread. This has happened before with Seluk, pretty much every year and it's no different this time, just a funnier, more insane topic he has chosen. As for Yaya should 'destroy' his agent, that's not going to happen either as the guy has, by bizarre methods admittedly, done a pretty good job making his client one of the best paid sportsmen on the planet wouldn't you say?

Huge misstep here, and the fool has sadly made Yaya look a bit ridiculous, but no harm done to City, and you can see how excited our rivals are that a) there's a tiny possibility he may leave which is great for them as it weakens us and b) an even tinier possibility he may sign for them! Not sure why so many of our own fans are keen for that to happen - what has been said that is SO unforgivable and serious? I just don't see it. Especially not by Yaya, who has said in the past that he speaks for himself. If I hadn't read this thread I wouldn't have imagined so many would be so worked up about such a nonsensical event?

Yep, while the whole thing is utterly bizarre it's not much different to what Seluk said last year just prior to Yaya signing his new contract - I don't recall as much mouth-foaming on here back then.

Well, last season we basically gave him the contract he wanted. 4 year contract for a 30 year old is unheard of .

Will we bend over this time ? I don't know.

SalfordCityBlue said:

The reactions are a pleasure to read indeed, either it being over reactions or not. Pretty sure if Yaya stays around he will have to cope with a few banters from us fans.
I said on here before this has happened a few times since Yaya signed for us and as far as I know he still plays with us. Albeit on a higher salary, so credit to his agent or whatever he's named on here.
And if missing a birthdaycake and handshake from your royal highness means Yaya is on his way, so be it. It's just a pity that in the world of todays football, the players are totally lost of selfsupport and responsibillity. So from that point my mind it leaning towards Yaya covering in silence and I take this "I speak for myself" with the usual salty pinch. And we move on ...

Btw, his agent has managed to cover more backpages then the club winning the PL-title. Typical British media for that matter.

M18CTID said:

Even the respect thing was used last year - he was going to leave because 'only Mancini respected him' according to Seluk. That was a couple of weeks before Yaya signed a new deal and said:

“This is where I want to be,” said Touré, who will be 34 when his contract expires. “When I first arrived at City, every time I went to sleep I would dream about us winning something; now it is about us being the best team in whatever competition we take part in. I will never forget how I have been treated here by the fans, the club and the owners and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to finish my career as a Manchester City player."

There was definitely not this amount of frothing last year, and I cannot for the life of me understand the pitchfork lynch mob reaction to one of our greatest ever this time around. Just as bizarre as the cake thing.

M18CTID said:
I don't recall as much mouth-foaming on here back then.

Genuine question - have you read all of Seluk's first interview in the Sun ? The one where he talks about Txiki (or maybe Soriano) sweeping the streets of London after City lose the title. Where he mocks us potentially signing Fernado. The one where he says this "They don't know that money can't buy relationships – no Sheikh can buy a relationship."

City have shown in the last two years that characters who don't buy into the #together #holistic approach are fucked off quickly. Tevez, Balo, and Mancini went within 6 months. There were plenty of compelling footballing reasons for keeping all three of them. Just as there are for Yaya. But my opinion is that the comments will have infuriated the club because they fly directly in the face of the image AD is trying to build for itself and for City as a club.

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Well, last season we basically gave him the contract he wanted. 4 year contract for a 30 year old is unheard of .

Will we bend over this time ? I don't know.

Errr...no it's not. It's not even uncommon. It's not even uncommon inside of City

bowp said:
M18CTID said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

The difference this year is that it is taking the attention from a fantastic season & causing unnecessary worries esp with the FFP issues. Whilst I think he is a fantastic player after this episode Id be fine for him to leave in a African Cup of Nations season subject to us getting a decent value for him and a good replacement. Fabregas being a few years younger would fit the bill for me.

Completely Agree. We need to get shut rapid. What will it be next year? I say get shut now.

unsworthblue said:
ok Yaya's an absolute **** and he's not that good either,he's constantly slagging our club off and pretending that he's injured,i wonder what other startling revelations will be broadcast on talkshite today or written in the scum newspaper,fuck me i'd hate to be in the trenches with some of you lot,I can't see what Yaya Toure has said to make everyone hate him so much? his agents on drugs ok but whats Yaya done apart from play unbelievable world class football for gods own football club

Some of us have been trying to point this out, and taking ferocious abuse for doing so. The hatred expressed towards Yaya on these pages is just incredible.

blue underpants said:
Brennan said Yaya was complicit by the way

It amazes me that there is anyone left naive enough to think he isn't. Which is why blaming the agent as many are just doesn't wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.