Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

I was looking for something to watch the other day on catch up on my phone and came across "Super Sunday - Yaya Toure' " where he chats with Jamie Redknapp about his football career etc, I couldn't stomach to watch it knowing what he thinks of our great club now. Sell him and move on !

Yesterday I heard a commentator on TV talk about Atletico, and how Simeone had to persuade the squad to forget about winning the league title, to regain focus and desire to play the CL final. Simeone was asked how he could possibly ignite the desire in his players one more time this season, and his reply was: "That's easy; I just show them the shirt."

Maybe it's not realistic to ask of such a mentally among our squad, with a different history and totally different circumstances to work under. But I almost got goosebumps from that, could see Zabaleta and Kompany before me as proud, respectful and passionate members of our club.

Then I thought about Yaya and his behaviour this past week or so. Such a contrast.
No matter how good a player is, sometimes it just isn't enough to warrant a place at our wonderful club. We have everything on place, from owner down to the tiniest of details to make this club the greatest in the world. I don't see personalities such as Yaya being worthy of having a place among us. We are simply too good for him and his behaviour.

HolisticJim said:
I just want him sold.

We're bigger than this crap now. We've done this years back with Tevez and now don't have to put up with being forcefully dragged through the mud.

Just sell him.

I am angered as well by what has been said - he has been a monster for us on the pitch but is now turning into a monster off it as well

If we were to sell then we need to bring in Pogba as his replacement

Thenumber1blue said:
He's the best player i've ever seen at City ever and has been my favourite player by a mile.This episode has saddened me so so much,yet they don't give a single fuck about any supporter !
Most do mate.

Kompany and zaba both bleed blue blood and despite all the shit he gets so does edin.
As for toure, is it only me who thinks he's slightly slow.

I think he's crossed a line. Yes he's a magnificent player but the club needs to decide is it stronger with or without him. On the basis of his recent antics we are probably stronger without him - if the management paper over this nonsense for the 3rd or 4th time then what's to stop all players and their agents playing us. City need to make a stand and be strong - we have tried to let this pass but Yaya and his agent keep throwing petrol on the flames. If he wants out then fine but he goes on our terms. For the right fee, when we have secured a replacement and he comes out of it as the bad guy with his legacy at the club in tatters.

Honestly, can't believe how many people are saying sell him. The argument seems to be that we're big enough now that we don't have to take this shit anymore. Well wake the fuck up, Messi's doing it at Barcelona, Ronaldo did it last year at Real Madrid, and previously at the rags the year before he was sold. Wayne Rooney pulled the rag's pants down several times. There, those are the three biggest clubs in the world. ALL clubs with world class players have this problem. It's just something we have to learn to deal with and take it with a pinch of salt. That's what being a big club is, not throwing toys out of the pram.

Skashion said:
Honestly, can't believe how many people are saying sell him. The argument seems to be that we're big enough now that we don't have to take this shit anymore. Well wake the fuck up, Messi's doing it at Barcelona, Ronaldo did it last year at Real Madrid, and previously at the rags the year before he was sold. Wayne Rooney pulled the rag's pants down several times. There, those are the three biggest clubs in the world. ALL clubs with world class players have this problem. It's just something we have to learn to deal with and take it with a pinch of salt. That's what being a big club is, not throwing toys out of the pram.

I see your point entirely but you might want to think again about who's actually throwing their toys out of the pram.

Skashion said:

Thank you Mr Jellyfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.