Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Roosty said:
Below from the Daily Mail with a bit more on the response from City:

Yaya Toure claims Manchester City did not grant him leave to stay with his sick brother
Ibrahim Toure died in Manchester last week after losing his battle with caner
Toure says City did not grant him time to visit his brother after winning title
The midfielder instead joined City on their post-season tour of Abu Dhabi
Toure will play for Ivory Coast against Greece in final World Cup group game

By Adam Crafton

Published: 11:04, 24 June 2014 | Updated: 12:09, 24 June 2014

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has spoken of his sadness following the death of his brother Ibrahim and suggested that his club did not offer him sufficient support during a period which he describes as 'the hardest in my life.'

The Ivory Coast midfielder's 28-year-old brother tragically died of cancer last week, while Yaya was in Brazil representing his country at the World Cup and the City talisman has stated that he felt disappointed that he wasn't afforded greater sensitivity by his club employers.

The full squad were required for a post-season trip to Abu Dhabi, where City played a friendly game and met the club's owners.

Toure told France Football: 'At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to grant me a few days.

'I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was lying in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside. After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not making them respect me.

'However, club officials knew very well that I was suffering for a few months as the health of my brother declined. This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season, because my head had taken control of my body. These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.'

Manchester City have been left disheartened by Toure's quotes and Sportsmail understands that Toure did not request compassionate leave to spend time with his brother.

City are widely acknowledged to have always adopted a caring and sensitive approach to personal issues affecting their players and they have an impeccable track record when it comes to offering welfare to their players, with Pablo Zabaleta, Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor all receiving sensitive support from the club and time off following upheaval in their personal lives in recent years.

A senior insider maintained that had Toure asked for those few days off, they would have been granted without hesitation.

Sportsmail also understands that City have been pro-active behind the scenes in supporting the midfielder, both during Ibrahim's battle with cancer and since his death last week.

City are believed to have pledged their unequivocal support to the family in the past week, with the club maintaining dialogue with former player Kolo Toure and brother Yaya, contributing to the arrangements for the funeral and even assisting with the paperwork. Before Ibrahim died, he was also invited to the club's Carrington training ground as a special guest.

A well-placed source stated: 'It is what we do for our players. They will always have our support.'

It should be noted that City, although a little bemused, do not view this latest development in their relationship with Toure as a major sticking point.

It is understood that there has been no conflict since the bizarre episode that saw Toure throw his future at the club into doubt when his agent Dimitri Seluk claimed that the club should have made more of a fuss for his 31st birthday, with his representative said that the midfielder was left 'very upset'.

City did give Toure a birthday cake and wished him happy birthday on Twitter but the player's agent suggested he was ignored by the club's Abu Dhabi owners when the squad visited at then end of the season.

'None of them shook his hand on his birthday. It's really sick,' Seluk added. Toure later backed his agent, writing on Twitter: 'Everything Dimitri said is true. He speaks for me. I will explain after the World Cup.'

His head seemed ok when he bombed the length of the pitch to score v palace and villa.

Just sayin.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
malg said:
Some real hate on here.
Not difficult to understand, though. Especially given what Touré is accusing the club of doing.
I understand the upset, but not the level of hostility. For me it shows a lack of class from Yaya and/or his agent, especially as it appears that the death of his brother is being used as a negotiating tool. However, I don't hate him for it, or think he's a ****, he's just another footballer who cares for nothing but himself.

Absolute ****, such a vicious attack on the club and one built upon lies. I can't quite believe he's using the death of his brother to force our hand; definitely pitches him up there with Mr Suarez.

malg said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
malg said:
Some real hate on here.
Not difficult to understand, though. Especially given what Touré is accusing the club of doing.
I understand the upset, but not the level of hostility. For me it shows a lack of class from Yaya and/or his agent, especially as it appears that the death of his brother is being used as a negotiating tool. However, I don't hate him for it, or think he's a ****, he's just another footballer who cares for nothing but himself.

Using his brothers death like this is about as low as anyone can possibly go in my eyes, I've never booed a City player and never will but have also never been as tempted as I am with Yaya right now. It's disgraceful.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I love how folk on here get one side of the story and think they're Inspector Morse.
Funnily enough, it's the same folk who hated Yaya already, which is an incredible coincidence.
What say we hang fire and wait for the whole sorry saga to come out, let both parties have their say, and then form an opinion based on hearing all the evidence?
Then judge accordingly?
I appreciate it's a new and radical concept for the Court Of Bluemoon to adopt, but it's one that has proved pretty useful to the legal profession for the past 1,000 years or so.

I think this is a sensible approach. Unfortunately the media - judging by Newsnow timeline - are happy to proffer accusatory headlines that are bound to get the backs up of people who have more than a passing familiarity with City, who have a demonstrable track record of taking care of their own.

Very poor from Yaya if true, he's really burning his bridges and seems to not remotely care that he is doing so. He's threatening to sour his entire time here with the way he's acting.

OB1 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I love how folk on here get one side of the story and think they're Inspector Morse.
Funnily enough, it's the same folk who hated Yaya already, which is an incredible coincidence.
What say we hang fire and wait for the whole sorry saga to come out, let both parties have their say, and then form an opinion based on hearing all the evidence?
Then judge accordingly?
I appreciate it's a new and radical concept for the Court Of Bluemoon to adopt, but it's one that has proved pretty useful to the legal profession for the past 1,000 years or so.

I think this is a sensible approach. Unfortunately the media - judging by Newsnow timeline are happy to proffer accusatory headlines that are bound to get the backs up of people who have more than a passing familiarity with City, who have a demonstrable track record of taking care of their own.

A bit lazy to blame the media for sensationalising these quotes when the quotes themselves are as accusatory and as pointed as they are. Personally I think the sensible approach is for us to en masse decide Toure is a loathsome ****, and to ensure that if he does stay at City whatever else he does in a City shirt is never met with anything other than some polite luke warm applause.

Honestly though what I really want is just to be rid of him.

Do the decent thing and put a written transfer request in. Whatever happens the relationship between Yaya and the fans is badly damaged. Great player but we have had great players before and we will again.
What we can't have is players making up pish, thanks for your service, probably the best player I've ever seen, but hey you know what, we will be here long after you are a memory, it was a fond memory but it is being severely strained.

Never been one to want to see City players unhappy so if we are so bad, just do the right thing Yaya, go stop making up stories. It's very unedifying.

If you read Yayas words its seems despite him being an adult he never asked to go and be with his brother

Now we get this very passive aggressive attitude as we all know if he had wanted the month off he'd have got it

I reckon he gambled on his brother living and ivory coast staying in the world cup rather than ask for leave a decision that was entirely his choice and maybe given the fuss one he'll regret but it was not MCFCs responsibility

I think he'll go and maybe that's for the best another choice of his own making and again maybe one he'll regret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.