Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Damocles said:
He needs to talk more, not less.

Then it's an easy reconcile by telling everybody that his brother's death put him into a major depression where he lashed out at all of those closest to him. Everybody will then be understanding and say how brave he is, and we'll have a week's worth of stories about "Depression - our hidden illness" where we chastise people for calling him a ****. This also absolves him of any responsibility which means that he'll be back in the good graces of all City fans, it means that City won't look like they mismanaged him and the whole world will be focusing on Yaya Toure and willing him and us to do well at the start of next season.

If we could perhaps get an interview where he is crying, maybe a single low-light type deal similar to the Mastermind chair with a sympathetic nodding female opposite him, saying that his brother's death brought his world tumbling down and he just started looking for people to blame due to his anger at Allah or God or the injustice of it all which prompted these comments. Maybe a 30 minute special on SSN where we can replay the money shot of him breaking down over and over?

I could do this PR thing in my sleep.

Bloody hell, max clifford eat your heart out.

Damocles said:
He needs to talk more, not less.

Then it's an easy reconcile by telling everybody that his brother's death put him into a major depression where he lashed out at all of those closest to him. Everybody will then be understanding and say how brave he is, and we'll have a week's worth of stories about "Depression - our hidden illness" where we chastise people for calling him a ****. This also absolves him of any responsibility which means that he'll be back in the good graces of all City fans, it means that City won't look like they mismanaged him and the whole world will be focusing on Yaya Toure and willing him and us to do well at the start of next season.

If we could perhaps get an interview where he is crying, maybe a single low-light type deal similar to the Mastermind chair with a sympathetic nodding female opposite him, saying that his brother's death brought his world tumbling down and he just started looking for people to blame due to his anger at Allah or God or the injustice of it all which prompted these comments. Maybe a 30 minute special on SSN where we can replay the money shot of him breaking down over and over?

I could do this PR thing in my sleep.

If we extend his contract by a couple of years and pay him significantly more than the scum pay Rooney
then this just might work. Personally I'd just sell him.

The World Cup has helped to show that Yaya isn't some unearthly player that can drag a team along with him... he's a player that can look exception when players around him are very good.

As much as he bring a lot to City, City bring a lot to him, it's a mutual deal, and not all one way traffic and Yaya possibly believes.

There are other great midfielders in the world, and we can now both afford, and attract such players.

If we get the right price, let him go and we'll swap for a younger model thank you.

FanchesterCity said:
The World Cup has helped to show that Yaya isn't some unearthly player that can drag a team along with him... he's a player that can look exception when players around him are very good.

As much as he bring a lot to City, City bring a lot to him, it's a mutual deal, and not all one way traffic and Yaya possibly believes.

There are other great midfielders in the world, and we can now both afford, and attract such players.

If we get the right price, let him go and we'll swap for a younger model thank you.
is that the sound of a hammer hitting a nail square on the head I can hear

FanchesterCity said:

I suppose the same could be said of Aguero, Silva, Kompany based on their World Cup performances. Personally I am not that sure we can attract or afford the best players in the world currently. Probably Aguero was the last time we attracted a player from the top bracket as even Yaya and Silva were a little bit of an unknown quantity.

I would be interested to know of the midfielders in world football with Premiership experience who can get 20 goals a season from midfield and rarely suffer injuries. Or even midfielders without Premiership experience who we could sign likely to hit twenty goals.

Ideally I would have liked one more season out of Yaya and then replaced him when the FFP restrictions were lifted.
He clearly doesn't want that though and is chasing one last payday. We should learn the lessons from the Tevez and
Balotelli situations. Tevez had kicked off a number of times about wanting to move but we kept him here against his
will and in the end practically gave him away after he became toxic. Why did we do this? Quite simply because he was
seen to be irreplaceable and City without Tevez was unthinkable. With Balotelli we could have sold him to PSG straight
after the Euros and made a handsome profit. Instead we kept him for a further 6 months in which he contributed
nothing and his value halved. A fully committed and functioning Yaya would have virtually guaranteed the league next
season with the squad enhancements that we are making but it's not to be. Now is the time to sell. If we don't we'll
regret it. Manchester City is not and never will be all about one player especially one who is coming to the end of his career.

franksinatra said:
FanchesterCity said:

I suppose the same could be said of Aguero, Silva, Kompany based on their World Cup performances. Personally I am not that sure we can attract or afford the best players in the world currently. Probably Aguero was the last time we attracted a player from the top bracket as even Yaya and Silva were a little bit of an unknown quantity.

I would be interested to know of the midfielders in world football with Premiership experience who can get 20 goals a season from midfield and rarely suffer injuries. Or even midfielders without Premiership experience who we could sign likely to hit twenty goals.

I disagree that Yaya and Silva were an unknown quantity. Yaya was playing for Barcelona at a time when they were probably the best team ever assembled. Silva was being chased by Barca, The Shite and Real Madrid. Far from being unknown, they were two of the best midfielders in Europe when we bought them.

Regarding Yaya, he has been one of the best players ever to wear the shirt, an absolute colossus for us. But I think you have to chose the right time to let him go. Look at Viera at Arsenal, he probably played one season too many for them.

I think we could realistically get 35 million for him this summer, whereas if he stays one more year and doesn't live up to last season, we could be looking at 15.

Cashing in now while he's 31 at the peak of his powers would allow us to invest in someone who could be the future of the club for the next 10 years. Kroos would be my first choice, very different to Yaya, but I think he'll be the best midfielder in Europe for the next 5 years. It's like having the chance of signing Xavi at 24.

The more obvious like for like replacement is Pogba. I'd take him, but I think when you try and buy like for like it very rarely works out how you want it to because you are always comparing. If we put Pogba straight in our team as a direct replacement I think we'd be disappointed.

With the signing of Fernando, we have that strength and power that Gary Neville reminds us is so important. That allows us to add another ball player who's maybe not as physical.

..............................Fernando
...................Kroos....................Fernandinho

That could be our midfield for the next 5 years.

franksinatra said:
FanchesterCity said:

Do we need a 20 goal a season midfielder? Just a quality midfielder will do. The goals will come anyway (I believe).
Yaya's dug us out of trouble a fair few times, but with a different player, we might not have needed to dig ourselves out. We'll never know.

Premiership experience would be nice, but is it necessary? De Jong did ok, and Fernandinho's done well, as did Yaya. Possibly Garcia's not been amazing, but not a flop either (depends on your view of him).

I'm not saying we could find a direct replacement for him, ready packaged, but there are good midfielders in the world, and we'd be facing this situation (say) 2 years down the line anyway.

There's Rodriguez - who might be seen as more of a Silva / Nasri replacement, but not necessarily
There's Pogba
There's Kroos
There's Vidal

I'm not sure it would be easy to get any of those, but I don't think it's impossible either.

Shaelumstash said:
franksinatra said:
FanchesterCity said:

I disagree that Yaya and Silva were an unknown quantity. Yaya was playing for Barcelona at a time when they were probably the best team ever assembled. Silva was being chased by Barca, The Shite and Real Madrid. Far from being unknown, they were two of the best midfielders in Europe when we bought them.

Regarding Yaya, he has been one of the best players ever to wear the shirt, an absolute colossus for us. But I think you have to chose the right time to let him go. Look at Viera at Arsenal, he probably played one season too many for them.

I think we could realistically get 35 million for him this summer, whereas if he stays one more year and doesn't live up to last season, we could be looking at 15.

Cashing in now while he's 31 at the peak of his powers would allow us to invest in someone who could be the future of the club for the next 10 years. Kroos would be my first choice, very different to Yaya, but I think he'll be the best midfielder in Europe for the next 5 years. It's like having the chance of signing Xavi at 24.

The more obvious like for like replacement is Pogba. I'd take him, but I think when you try and buy like for like it very rarely works out how you want it to because you are always comparing. If we put Pogba straight in our team as a direct replacement I think we'd be disappointed.

With the signing of Fernando, we have that strength and power that Gary Neville reminds us is so important. That allows us to add another ball player who's maybe not as physical.

I know what you are saying but when we signed Yaya there were a few raised eyebrows, nobody expected he would be hitting 20 goals a season are would add so much to the team going forward.

Silva was highly rated but question marks were raised about his physicality for the Premier League and in all honesty if Real or Barca had come in for him he would not be in Manchester now. Both players have grown and developed as the team has developed.

If we were to get 35 million for him that would mean PSG would have to come in for him as I doubt a Barca or anyone else would pay that amount of money. As for replacing him I do not see Kroos leaving Bayern for us or Pogba returning back to Manchester. But we will see, I suppose all will be revealed by August.

franksinatra said:
Shaelumstash said:
franksinatra said:

I know what you are saying but when we signed Yaya there were a few raised eyebrows, nobody expected he would be hitting 20 goals a season are would add so much to the team going forward.

Silva was highly rated but question marks were raised about his physicality for the Premier League and in all honesty if Real or Barca had come in for him he would not be in Manchester now. Both players have grown and developed as the team has developed.

If we were to get 35 million for him that would mean PSG would have to come in for him as I doubt a Barca or anyone else would pay that amount of money. As for replacing him I do not see Kroos leaving Bayern for us or Pogba returning back to Manchester. But we will see, I suppose all will be revealed by August.
Infact Real Madrid and Barcelona were after him, even said this himself couple of years back. so nice try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.