Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

waspish said:
grunge said:
waspish said:
He wasn't a city player then so call him what you want

what about when he stubbed out the cigar on Jamie Tandy's eye? he was still a city player then;)

I just can't boo or call a player in a city shirt! All those who boo or call a player a KUNT and celebrate when they score are hypocrites and I am no Hypocrite..

you don't have to boo him to think he is a ****.

as a person the guy is an absolute toss bag. big daft arrogant fucking wanker.

as a footballer the guy is brilliant.

if he wears the city shirt next season I will obviously support him and hope he can repeat what he did this season.

the way he has carried on is a fucking disgrace

blue_sonic176 said:
MillionDollarDream said:
blue_sonic176 said:
Why does this numbskull keep going on and on about race and African teams? He needs to give it a rest. If he's staying at City, I hope the club enforces a gag order and saves us all from hearing this rubbish.

I'm sorry but this comment is so disrespectful. It's always easy for someone not of that race to tell someone else to not talk about there's or the problems that they happen to face. African national teams and African FA's face very real and difficult problems that their peers do not face which in turn affects the players. It's a fact that African teams are treated differently within the media compared to their peers and there's several great articles that cover this also.

Didn't mean any disrespect, but I haven't seen any recognizable bias that referees have against African teams. If there has proven to be any then I stand corrected. Regarding Yaya's previous comments about recognition, does he really not get the recognition he deserves? Look at his fan following. Does he think he should be getting more or as much publicity as Ronaldo and Messi? Surely he doesn't warrant that right?
Also, how do you know I'm not African? Do I have to share the same opinion as Yaya to be considered one?

If you are indeed African, why would you feel the need to apologize? Would that not be your first thing to point out as being politically aware of why Yaya Toure would feel such a way about him and his peers? He and others felt they were robbed at the Greek game losing on that dodgy penalty call in which Samaras initiates contact before tripping under his own feet. Also there's this western view in the media of how African players are greedy and unintelligent undisciplined players compared to their peers. Look at the many comments within this thread of many people going straight for the "he must want one last payday, he wants more money, doesn't he already make enough, why did he sign the previous contract" . Then there's the various comments claiming Yaya isn't all the bright, he's this, he's that. These sentiments are echoed in media when discussing African players as a whole.

If you are indeed African, wouldn't you know that African players aren't paid well by their FA's comparable to their peers, and are often clashing with their FA's with how money is getting spent. How many of the African teams during the World Cup were embroiled in controversy regarding the way their FA's were treating him? Many want change and a bigger spotlight so they don't have to go through these things time and time again. In regards to thinking he deserves to be in the CR7/Messi conversation I never read anywhere where he alluded to such a thing. He probably feels with the season he just had he should have earned a lot more recognition, that's all relative anyway. It's amazing in 2014 we are still asking people to stay silent when one expresses how they feel about the way their race is being treated.

MillionDollarDream said:
blue_sonic176 said:
MillionDollarDream said:
I'm sorry but this comment is so disrespectful. It's always easy for someone not of that race to tell someone else to not talk about there's or the problems that they happen to face. African national teams and African FA's face very real and difficult problems that their peers do not face which in turn affects the players. It's a fact that African teams are treated differently within the media compared to their peers and there's several great articles that cover this also.

Didn't mean any disrespect, but I haven't seen any recognizable bias that referees have against African teams. If there has proven to be any then I stand corrected. Regarding Yaya's previous comments about recognition, does he really not get the recognition he deserves? Look at his fan following. Does he think he should be getting more or as much publicity as Ronaldo and Messi? Surely he doesn't warrant that right?
Also, how do you know I'm not African? Do I have to share the same opinion as Yaya to be considered one?

If you are indeed African, why would you feel the need to apologize? Would that not be your first thing to point out as being politically aware of why Yaya Toure would feel such a way about him and his peers? He and others felt they were robbed at the Greek game losing on that dodgy penalty call in which Samaras initiates contact before tripping under his own feet. Also there's this western view in the media of how African players are greedy and unintelligent undisciplined players compared to their peers. Look at the many comments within this thread of many people going straight for the "he must want one last payday, he wants more money, doesn't he already make enough, why did he sign the previous contract" . Then there's the various comments claiming Yaya isn't all the bright, he's this, he's that. These sentiments are echoed in media when discussing African players as a whole.

If you are indeed African, wouldn't you know that African players aren't paid well by their FA's comparable to their peers, and are often clashing with their FA's with how money is getting spent. How many of the African teams during the World Cup were embroiled in controversy regarding the way their FA's were treating him? Many want change and a bigger spotlight so they don't have to go through these things time and time again. In regards to thinking he deserves to be in the CR7/Messi conversation I never read anywhere where he alluded to such a thing. He probably feels with the season he just had he should have earned a lot more recognition, that's all relative anyway. It's amazing in 2014 we are still asking people to stay silent when one expresses how they feel about the way their race is being treated.

if they paid me what yaya get a week you could come round every night, sleep with my wife and call me all the names under the sun while i feed you grapes out of a silver bowl.

This thread seems to have just become an excuse for people to use the "c" word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.