Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
gmckennasell said:
Toure does'nt play for us because he loves our club , he plays for the £12m a year we pay him
You don't work for your company because you love its owners, you go because of your salary.

Mercenary.

doesnt apply , i owned the company , and now retired , but if i had an employee , with a poor attitude who just came for the money , they wouldnt of lasted 2 minutes. they didnt have to "love" me , just work hard ,be conscientious , show respect and be a team player , pretty basic attributes required of any employee . Perhaps Mr.Toure is a bit short on the respect aspect , towards his employees and his supporters.

IrelandSuperman said:
"You're a weird c**t, Yaya Toure."

He is simply a chancer that tried to get another deal elsewhere, realised he couldn't so came back as if nothing has happened.. in the process he used every excuse he could inc the lowest of the low and one which we lament the victims and rags for... a truly awesome/ amazing talent and has helped us to win silverware of that i or any other blue has no doubt, fantastic player, some would call him a colossus, again there is no doubting his capabilities but i now firmly believe that any statue that would have no doubt been erected at the ground is well and truly a distant memory before it even got started, both with the owners and the majority of the fans.. yes we know he turns up for the coin and really has zero affiliation to our club we know that, we all know that deep down and yes he could have and should have squashed the bullshit so-called rumours way before now, instead he comes back with the old rhetoric as he has done in the vid posted.. an amazing player and thankyou for all you have done and let there be many more occasions of celebration helped by yourself...

However mi amigo..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSehtaY6k1U[/video]

Yaya Toure has decided to remain with Manchester City despite claims from him and his agent shortly after winning the Premier League title last season that the club didn't properly honor his birthday.

“I want to stay. I will always honor my contract. I don’t think about all this speculation," Toure said, even though his agent started all of the speculation that he might leave the club this summer.

His discontent wasn't just about birthdays and baked goods, though. There were many, many disgusting shows of disrespect that he has now graciously forgiven. The following is only a partial list of what he has had to endure in the name of honor and unwavering loyalty.

-During several matches last season, it rained. This was a direct attack on Toure's right to dryness perpetrated by the club.

-Exactly no one has addressed him as "Yaya the Magnificent" even though he never asked them to. Club chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has called him "Yaya the Great" several times, but that just isn't the same.

-The receptionist at Etihad Stadium often says "good afternoon" to Yaya. As if his afternoons aren't normally good. This assumption of Yaya having bad afternoons is both cruel and demeaning.

-Yaya's half birthday has never been mentioned, let alone celebrated. And when he's brought up his quarter birthday, everyone just laughs. So rude.

-Yaya was given a complimentary package of pretzels on a team flight. He appreciated this gesture until he realized that Samir Nasri's package included one and a half more pretzels than his. Yaya then took this for what it was: a subtle, but insulting message that he is worth fewer pretzels than Samir Nasri.

-Yaya is consistently given large shirts by the club's kitman, which is the size he asked for, but still leaves him feeling like he's being called fat.

-The version of him in FIFA 14 was not able to fly or carry a katana sword like he asked. When he addressed this issue with an EA Sports representative, he was asked who he talked to about it and Yaya said, "Ted Fingerwhip." The EA rep claimed to have no knowledge of anyone named Ted Fingerwhip at the company. Yaya then said that he never implied that Mr. Fingerwhip worked for EA. The EA rep then pretended to have an appointment he needed to get to and excused himself.

-And finally, James Milner's continued existence has been the most upsetting affront to Yaya's sensibilities to date.

i am not too fussed what he has said over the summer as long as he turns up on the pitch week in week out, which i believe he will.

a truly great player who always seems to turn up in the big games

Yaya

sbiting_100-1081.gif

de niro said:
gmckennasell said:
Toure and his agent had only one agenda , to engineer a move or a better contract , they failed , and have come back with their tails between their legs , toure's statement means nothing now , and the idiots on here who believe the media contrived to de-stabilise our club only have to listen or read his agents comments.
Toure does'nt play for us because he loves our club , he plays for the £12m a year we pay him , and the fact he can win a few trophies is secondary , not all our players are mercenaries , the likes of zabs and vinny do have an affiliation to our club , but this is a rare trait in modern footballers , the majority are merely employees , just passing through

Yep.

Were you at the match last night...sure I saw you in the first half, white CL away kit on?

I purposely stayed away from posting in this thread, whilst it was in its element. I was angry and disapointed by Toure and his agents behaviour, more so Toure as he could have put this to bed ages ago rather than allow his agent to publicly take the piss out of City.

But despite all of the shit the 2 of them have served our way over the past couple of months, I still wanted Toure to stay, just becuase of the player he is, there literally isnt a player like him and when he feels like it he can win a game on his own. When we do finally sell him, we'll have to adjust our system as a pose to replacing him like for like.

I'm happy because one of the greatest players to ever play for City is staying, but more impressive is how the club have handled this, they haven't gone public in critiscising Yaya or his agent, which would have alienated them even more from the club, nor have they backed down and offered him a bumper new improved deal.

This is a rare victory for club over the ever growing culture of player power.

What a player Yaya is, but even more so, what a fucking great club.

Paul Powers Bar said:
i am not too fussed what he has said over the summer as long as he turns up on the pitch week in week out, which i believe he will.

a truly great player who always seems to turn up in the big games

Yaya

sbiting_100-1081.gif

This

buzzer1 said:
IrelandSuperman said:
"You're a weird c**t, Yaya Toure."

He is simply a chancer that tried to get another deal elsewhere, realised he couldn't so came back as if nothing has happened.. in the process he used every excuse he could inc the lowest of the low and one which we lament the victims and rags for... am amazing talent and has helped us to win silverware of that i ha or any other blue has no doubt, fantastic player, some would call him a colossus, again there is no doubting his capabilities but i now firmly believe that any statue that would have no doubt be erected at the ground is well and truly a distant memory before it even got started, both with the owners and the majority of the fans.. yes we know he turns up for the coin and zero affiliation to our club we know that, we all know that deep down and yes he could have and should have squashed the bullshit so-called rumours way before now, instead he comes back with the old rhetoric as he has done in the vid posted.. an amazing player and thankyou for all you have done and let there be many more occasions of celebration helped by yourself...

However mi amigo..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSehtaY6k1U[/video]

A Yaya statue is quite a novel idea. It could be a revolving one accompanied by the Happy Birthday tune. Seriously - No chance of a statue - occasionally a great player for us but not a good enough representative of everything that is CITY. For example - on the odd recent occasion when I have been very fortunate to be reasonably close to Colin Bell I have been in total awe from a distance. A statue has to generate awe and respect that is the product of an exemplary contribution over a significant period of time. Applying these standards I respect the Bobby Moore statue at Wembley, Can see the point of the CBL statue at the swamp and was appalled by the Jackson event at Fulham. So in terms of Yaya - Peter Swales has more of a City claim, with several more esteemed candidates way above them both.

Lomas has a lob on said:
I purposely stayed away from posting in this thread, whilst it was in its element. I was angry and disapointed by Toure and his agents behaviour, more so Toure as he could have put this to bed ages ago rather than allow his agent to publicly take the piss out of City.

But despite all of the shit the 2 of them have served our way over the past couple of months, I still wanted Toure to stay, just becuase of the player he is, there literally isnt a player like him and when he feels like it he can win a game on his own. When we do finally sell him, we'll have to adjust our system as a pose to replacing him like for like.

I'm happy because one of the greatest players to ever play for City is staying, but more impressive is how the club have handled this, they haven't gone public in critiscising Yaya or his agent, which would have alienated them even more from the club, nor have they backed down and offered him a bumper new improved deal.

This is a rare victory for club over the ever growing culture of player power.

What a player Yaya is, but even more so, what a fucking great club.

All this^^^^ great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.