Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the real world he'd have been sacked however, ez football.

We should ALL move on now as best we can at least until the end of the season.

FantasyIreland said:
The U Turn has been forced on him,if the opportunity he sought had presented itself,he'd have been off like Usain Bolt.

Yes we retain the services of a world class player but i'm not convinced by his attitude anymore and I will certainly never see him as the legend he could have been.Players should be crawling over broken glass to wear our shirt not behaving like we owe them a favour......

Because of such,I was really hoping this could have been the chance to shape our midfield for years to come.

If we weren't hamstrung by FFP then I'm sure we'd have used the opportunity to re-shape our midfield this summer. It does us a favour though in that we retain his services for this season but will be planning to bring in top drawer additions next summer, plus if he doesn't play to his abilities this season people won't have a problem with him being benched.

mancity dan said:
The same thing I wrote earlier in the thread.

Yaya is a c**t, but he is our c**t.

And Yaya turned down interest from the rag c**ts.

Hopefully Yaya gets focused on playing for us and recovers from his poor World Cup (which might be the reason no one else bid for him).

Toure and his agent had only one agenda , to engineer a move or a better contract , they failed , and have come back with their tails between their legs , toure's statement means nothing now , and the idiots on here who believe the media contrived to de-stabilise our club only have to listen or read his agents comments.
Toure does'nt play for us because he loves our club , he plays for the £12m a year we pay him , and the fact he can win a few trophies is secondary , not all our players are mercenaries , the likes of zabs and vinny do have an affiliation to our club , but this is a rare trait in modern footballers , the majority are merely employees , just passing through

blue b4 the moon said:

Every work place I have worked in people, including senior managers have moaned about the employer, including frustrations about lack of recognition for a job well done and sensitivity around personal issues. They remain loyal though and soon get back on track. Hell, even done it myself. If he should get the sack then 99% of us should.

City have handled this really well. They come out of it with credit.

paulchapo said:
Now......we have always had a good sense of humour so how about singing to Ya Ya in the first game,''If we knew you were staying we'd have baked a cake,baked a cake!'' to the tune of the song that was used in that advertisement a few years ago?
Class!

blue b4 the moon said:

sacked???? really??

gmckennasell said:
Toure and his agent had only one agenda , to engineer a move or a better contract , they failed , and have come back with their tails between their legs , toure's statement means nothing now , and the idiots on here who believe the media contrived to de-stabilise our club only have to listen or read his agents comments.
Toure does'nt play for us because he loves our club , he plays for the £12m a year we pay him , and the fact he can win a few trophies is secondary , not all our players are mercenaries , the likes of zabs and vinny do have an affiliation to our club , but this is a rare trait in modern footballers , the majority are merely employees , just passing through

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.