Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Matty said:
If I were to attempt to assess this situation I'd wager Yaya's birthday has the sum total of fuck all to do with anything. This smacks of a player, and an "agent", recognising that Yaya has probably just had the season of his career, and that his value will never be higher, especially given he's now 31 years old. They are both aware that he's got 3 years left on his contract and, as such, he'll be 34 when that ends, and his ability to get another huge contract will have diminished. Whether this is he agent's idea/plan, of that of Yaya, is unclear, but it would seem someone has decided this is the time to rock the boat and either unsettle the club so he is sold (and gets a huge payoff, and huge new wage in the process) or force City's hand into offering him an improved contract of some description. My money would be on the agent (who, lets face it, won't be getting any big paydays anytime soon if he lets Yaya see out the rest of his deal at City) and Yaya is either happy to oblige or else is naive and can't see that his "friend" Dimitri is actually a leech trying to suck the last bit of revenue he can out of his charge.

I simply can't see City having treated Yaya in anything other than an exemplary manner, the behind the scenes picture you're given is of a happy, harmonious dressing room, and attentive and professional backroom staff, and a hands on, approachable directorship/chairman. Any slight Yaya may mention in his post World Cup statement (a timescale that does City no favours and allows this issue to fester and rumble on for the next 2 months) will be a perceived one as opposed to an actual one, and is more likely to be a smokescreen for what is really going on here, a moneygrab (either from us, or from another club eventually). City actually find themselves in a strong position here, Yaya has 3 years on his deal and, quite frankly, he's made himself look petty, childish and more than a little pathetic by getting his agent to cry on his behalf, especially about something as inconsequential as City apparently not celebrating his birthday with the right amount of gusto and reverence. One would think paying him almost £11m a year would be recognition enough.......

Pretty much as I see it. Looking at his agent's previous actions it appears he has one standing instruction and one only - "Put an annual reminder in Outlook for 1st May (or best suitable date following) to make a comment to see if we can get Barca interested".

I'm of the opinion that if a player wants to leave, then so be it, they don't have the desire any more, I can understand that. We can sort that out by selling and replacing. However to leave us hanging for two months is insulting to the club, in my opinion. Pity, because he could have been a legend, but looks like he's fooked that up good and proper.

Matty said:
If I were to attempt to assess this situation I'd wager Yaya's birthday has the sum total of fuck all to do with anything. This smacks of a player, and an "agent", recognising that Yaya has probably just had the season of his career, and that his value will never be higher, especially given he's now 31 years old. They are both aware that he's got 3 years left on his contract and, as such, he'll be 34 when that ends, and his ability to get another huge contract will have diminished. Whether this is he agent's idea/plan, of that of Yaya, is unclear, but it would seem someone has decided this is the time to rock the boat and either unsettle the club so he is sold (and gets a huge payoff, and huge new wage in the process) or force City's hand into offering him an improved contract of some description. My money would be on the agent (who, lets face it, won't be getting any big paydays anytime soon if he lets Yaya see out the rest of his deal at City) and Yaya is either happy to oblige or else is naive and can't see that his "friend" Dimitri is actually a leech trying to suck the last bit of revenue he can out of his charge.

I simply can't see City having treated Yaya in anything other than an exemplary manner, the behind the scenes picture you're given is of a happy, harmonious dressing room, and attentive and professional backroom staff, and a hands on, approachable directorship/chairman. Any slight Yaya may mention in his post World Cup statement (a timescale that does City no favours and allows this issue to fester and rumble on for the next 2 months) will be a perceived one as opposed to an actual one, and is more likely to be a smokescreen for what is really going on here, a moneygrab (either from us, or from another club eventually). City actually find themselves in a strong position here, Yaya has 3 years on his deal and, quite frankly, he's made himself look petty, childish and more than a little pathetic by getting his agent to cry on his behalf, especially about something as inconsequential as City apparently not celebrating his birthday with the right amount of gusto and reverence. One would think paying him almost £11m a year would be recognition enough.......

so what does he want

he is already the highest paid player at the club
so a new contract worth 300k like messi and ronaldo? oh please he isn't wroth that. World class player yes, but not top 3 in the world to be paid like messi, ronaldo, iniesta etc

agyeiboateng said:
he is being paid 200k a week and he is moaning about a birthday cake

disgusting human being

It's not about a cake. It is however still moronic and petty.

[video]http://youtu.be/YlsJIymDVxo?t=2m44s[/video]

Well, I don't really know what to think of this. But it seems that he is not committed to the Club at the slightest. Maybe he wants more money, more praises, more ego rubbing ..... I don't know. However individuals don't win a league anywhere (except Maradona with Napoli). This is where Manual earns his wages. Turn him around and make sure he is part of the team and understands his role or we get rid off. We all laughed at Scousers when Suarez held them to ransom and we are now in the same boat. Looking at the bigger picture and judging by the info that is available I would sell him. No player is bigger than a club. I am only curious why he wasn't moaning before.

agyeiboateng said:
Matty said:

so what does he want

he is already the highest paid player at the club
so a new contract worth 300k like messi and ronaldo? oh please he isn't wroth that. World class player yes, but not top 3 in the world to be paid like messi, ronaldo, iniesta etc

And Rooney...

What annoys me about this is that the contract we gave him last summer was excessively long (for the money involved) regardless of the season he's had.

Hope this is resolved very quickly or I really don't want him around the club next year - the owners and PR people at the club must be absolutely fuming - it is certainly damaging to our reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.