Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Rammy Blue said:
Great comments from Vince coming up on SSN, taking the piss by saying he'd quit the Belgium team if he didn't get a big birthday cake.

Good lad.

Yes Rammy and even the missus laughed out loud and she`s not a footie fan.Good old Vinny,says it how it really is.Now if only Yaya could act like both him and Zaba !!

Yeah it could be interesting of some of Ivory Coast teammates that still maybe playing in the Ivory Coast league and are on wages like 1000 pounds a week or even less than that, what those players possibly think about this cake story.

I would hope some of them tell Yaya where to shove the cake and this little story.

Really hope it wont end in us giving a new improved contract to him after that he smiles next to Txiki and says he wants to retire from here and win even more trophies.
Would be a very bad message, like next time any other player could come up with sort of nonsense or their agent could be so disrespectful towards the club, fans, owner etc.

Maybe after a season like this Yaya could feel he did well enough to get some extra bonus, premium, even pay rise, but there way are clear ways to go about it and its not in public disrespecting everyone having let his agent throwing so much shit at us.

And if he doesnt want a new contract but forcing the move there are other options for that too, give in a transfer request, lose any loyalty bonus, and come out and say you want to leave.
Again not trough the bullshit agent crying in the press that Yaya maybe will have to leave if City doesnt respect him more. They want respect without giving any respect.

End of the day Yaya wanted more respect, recognition, praise and became bit of a laughing stock, not many people talking about his fantastic 20 goals now in the league but lot more about how idiot he is, how stupid he is.

He can have another club lined up,be fed up playing for us but he is forgetting one very important detail...he is under contract,a very well paid improved contract,for the next THREE years.

Simple solution if we want rid and he wants to go, he can buy out his contract.At around 12 million a year that should be a cool 35 million give or take a few shilling,let him fuck off to Barca and take Fabregas as a swap,not a bad deal for a 31 year old.

I was playing FIFA 14 career mode yesterday and as the season was reaching climax toure agent started making noises,I offered an improved contract but he refused and refused to negotiate further and then when season ended and next approached he said its all good now and commited his future to the club on the old contract

Moral # fuck the buggati and wage demands

There are a lot of assumptions in this thread. Some are safe assumptions, like this whole thing isn't about cakes, handshakes or veyrons. But as mad as the whole saga seems, I couldn't help thinking it would make sense if looked at in the right light.

Some things we do know are;

- Yaya and his agent are backing each other up
- The club are making no public statements (note the public bit)
- The club execs got rid of Toure before, when at Barca
- The youtube vid of the business presentation included an explanation of the trouble Barca had had with a player (Eto'o?) and the trouble it had caused. Also, what they did about it: got rid.
- Toure wants to be top dog
- His contract now includes a large amount of bonuses rather than basic, so he probably needs to play plenty to earn top whack.
- He has stated previously he wants to stay at City (although he also said something at some point about returning to Barca).

I don't want too big a list, so will stop there. There are a few others you can fill in yourself. Some will be relevant, and some will be red herrings, you just need to look at them all and decide after you think you know what you're looking at.

I was trying to come up with scenarios where the bits we do know make sense when I read this post;

SuperSilva said:
bobmcfc said:
They don’t give any attention to Yaya. This is the shittiest thing.

If they think that with the money they can buy everything, they are wrong.

And now, with Financial Fair Play for them, it’s very good if Yaya goes. They can receive money and they can show to UEFA they have money.

And they can let Manuel Pellegrini win the title with Fernando from Porto.

He concluded:

Yaya and I would agree a bet with City. If Yaya leaves the club and City win the Premier League I agree to sweep the floor at the training ground for a month for free.

But if not, Txiki and City chief executive officer Ferian Soriano would have to sweep the streets in Trafalgar Square for one day.

I think these people don’t care. Only stupid people would want Yaya to leave the club.

For me, this is a strange situation because, if you think about it, when Yaya left Barcelona it was with the same people.

Now these people come to Manchester City and Yaya must leave City.

These quotes have made me look into this a lot more...

Naturally Yaya and his agent want to remain the star or core player(s) for Man City...

Yaya and his agent knew Fernandinho was coming in last summer so they threw a tantrum, got smoothed over, signed a new contract and probably told Yaya he was very central to Pellegrini's plans alongside Fernandinho.
Yaya and his agent know that Fernando is coming (as quoted by his agent above) and understand that will mean there are 4 players in CM for 2 positions... it means they will continuously rotate and Yaya does not like this...

I really think Yaya is going no where... as said by some senior City officials he is "unsellable" and just as Ronaldo, Rooney and Messi have had their fits with their respective clubs, Yaya is our star player we have clam down...

Pellers/Txiki (possibly Khaldoon) will talk to Yaya and ensure his role is pivotal as they did last year and probably give him some kind of incentive (maybe 1 more yr on top). Yaya's versatility & movement in center midfield as well as when pushed up forward makes him unique...

Yaya wants assurances of playing regularly as he left all other clubs when he was not an important central player... that is what I believe is going on due to Fernando coming in.

Don't know if he's gonna get it is all!

The first thing that struck me was that the agent's outburst sounds more like the reaction to something rather than the beginning of something. Everybody has assumed this came out of nowhere.
The second thing was that it isn't the same as the 'cake' rant that found it's way into the newspapers and has made Yaya look like a fool.

Joining all the dots together of the things we do know, and looking past the assumptions, its possible to come up with a limited number of pictures, and the one that looks most likely to me - ie fits all the knows, accommodates the real world, doesn't need much in-filling - goes like this;

What if the club want Yaya out/side-lined/less disruptive in the dressing room or some such thing? The agent and Yaya see what's coming and try to fight. I've always thought Yaya had a touch of the 'Adebayor's' about him, as in he looks at the world from a different angle to most of us. The agent's previous would seem to indicate they get along so well because see things the same way. Maybe the agent tried to stir shit in the press/fire a shot across City's bows or whatever and it went wrong. Probably either he stoked the fire too much (the press were never going to pass up the opportunity of the whole 'cakegate') or maybe City's press office had the upper hand and flipped it. Either way, Saluk lit the blue touch paper whilst still firmly grasping the firework. Yaya's camp constitutes two slightly deranged individuals, City's camp includes a host of well equipped, highly experienced execs. The Yaya side probably don't know what to do next, or are playing a waiting game. City are probably best to simply keep quiet.

I admit I could be barking up the wrong tree, but it fits, and fits well. I haven't included all the bits and pieces I took into account to come up with this - it'll be a long enough post as it is - but the rest just seem to add credibility. Just losing some of the assumptions and accepting the reality that no business - especially one as big as City - are whiter than white all the time makes some version of the above the most likely scenario to me.

Now I think I need a lie down.

I am just hoping we have a couple of weeks of nothing. Let the situation calm down and hopefully resolved.

KippaxCitizen said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Not everyone is a Yaya or Rooney. There are players like Silva Iniesta Kompany who seem pretty down to Earth for millionaire footballers.
I agree, but some of them are bound to be unbearable. It must be very difficult with that amount of wealth, power and adulation to remain grounded. I'm just surprised that people seem so surprised that a professional footballer can behave in this way. It's not like he hasn't got form.
I suppose I'm not surprised. For every Vincent or Silva there is a Rooney or Yaya, it's bound to happen isn't it? Especially with the agents these guys have.

Not to point too fine a point on it players like Kompany, Silva and De Gea are intelligent enough to know their own minds, the Rooney's and Toure's are not the brightest buttons in the box and are consequently easy prey for their odious agents.

I personally don't think it is about Fernando being signed but I do think it is related. Thinking back to last season who were the players not subject to any rotational policy.

1) Hart - only got dropped because of loss of form
2) Zab - No one else
3) Kompany - was only out of the side if injured and brought back as soon as he could run (Liverpool
4) Demichelis - only dropped through injury got better as the season progressed
5) Yaya - played almost every game and was only substituted to keep him fit for the next game
6) Silva - only dropped once injured
7) Nasri - see silva
8) Aguero - see silva.

That effectively is the core of the team, It seems that Silva and Aguero are to be offered new contracts even though they were given one along with Yaya only a year ago and I think the fact he hasn't been offered one has sparked this whole episode. I would also think that Pellegrini stating yet again a rotational policy will be in force again this year in Yaya's own mind he believes he won't be one of those excluded from the policy hence the dig at Fernando.

I think it is as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.