Yaya Toure [Merged]

TVI said:
You couldn't possibly play Y Toure, Barry and De Jong in the same team.

Who loses out... Barry or De Jong? Both integral holding defensive midfielders in their respective top 8 international teams?

NDJ is definately the weakest link out of the 3.

but still love him as a player, but thats reality.

Bazzmand Show said:
richards30 said:
hope so chaz!!! beers all round tonight if done today!!

No need for a medical then?
shouldnt be to difficult though bazz,considering i believe its our doctor who`s with the ivory coast!!!! after watching him the other day as well dont think theres much wrong with him at mo.

Jimma said:
TVI said:

Who loses out... Barry or De Jong? Both integral holding defensive midfielders in their respective top 8 international teams?

disagree - think NDJ is the best at what he does and they are all slightly differnet players - I can see all 3 playing.

Ya Ya is more box tro box than a DM in the mould of Nigel

Jimma said:
TVI said:

I think I would probably agree. De Jong is brilliant at what he does but I'm pretty sure Barry could play that role just as well and distribute the ball a lot better.

So then Y Toure is pushed up and where the hell do you fit in Milner and Silva (if they come off) Johnson and Bellamy? Not even thinking about Robinho at this stage who will no doubt be running back with his tail between his legs if we sign these players.

It's mind boggling.

I think if we get someone like Ozil or Robinho comes back then I would be tempted to play de Jong at the back of midfield with Yaya Touré just ahead of him and Ozil/Robinho in a free role behind the strikers.

If we don't get anyone like that though then Id just play all 3, or play de Jong, Yaya Touré and Tévez in the free role with Adebayor infront of him.

But each of Barry and de Jong should hopefully ge. About 20/25 games each because of Europe.

De Jong v Barry would depend on what formation we are playing. If we are playing a narrow 4312, i'd prefer De Jong. He plays his game over short distances, rarely spraying passes more than 20 yards. He would suit playing in a compact midifeld more than Barry. If, on the other hand, we are playing with out and out wingers in a 442, or a variation of 451/433, i would prefer Barry. We'd be playing with more width, and Barry would be more effective than De Jong due to his better passing range. They are different types of player, and signing Yaya would mean we can actually tweak our midfield to compliment whatever formation Mancini chooses to play against different opposition.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJA2YmB5gHE&feature=youtube_gdata" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJA2YmB5 ... tube_gdata</a>

3:38

..........De Jong/ Barry
.......Toure...........Barry/ M. Johnson
...Robinho/ Ireland/ Tevez
.....Tevez/ Bellamy-Adebayor

The Fixer said:
TVI said:

I bet the twitcher tries signing Barry before the window closes.

He can try all he likes, he's not having him. I am.

richards30 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
No need for a medical then?
shouldnt be to difficult though bazz,considering i believe its our doctor who`s with the ivory coast!!!! after watching him the other day as well dont think theres much wrong with him at mo.

to be fair it does say in the press today ( albeit the sun ) that city's medical staff have been sent to south Africa to complete the medical as I am sure all the facilities needed would be in place over there, and mayb they would be in place for any other deals that may be near to conclusion. even if a player is knocked out of the tornament, they could still do the deed before he goes on his jolly hols !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.