Yaya Toure [Merged]

Manchester City FC signs Ivory Coast’s Yaya Toure for £25 million deal

APA - London (United Kingdom) Ivory Coast’s Yaya Toure is edging towards becoming the English Manchester City FC player after the Premier League side agreed to a £25 million fee with Barcelona.

Officials said the two clubs were due to finalize the deal Friday with Toure ready to become the first big transfer of the summer subject to a medical.

Manchester City has confirmed here that their doctors are heading to South Africa to meet Toure who is preparing for Ivory Coast’s clash with Brazil on Sunday.

The midfielder will sign a four-year deal worth £6 million per season and join up with his brother Kolo at Eastlands in England.

The young Toure has long been a target for City who first tried earlier to grab him 18 months ago. Back then Toure decided to sign a new deal and stay at the Nou Camp.

But he became disgruntled last season after Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola confined him to the bench.

His agent Dmitry Seluk insists most of the key figures at Barcelona want Toure to stay, but his lack of games under Guardiola has been a major problem.

"The president Joan Laporta, the incoming president Sandro Rosell, Guardiola, myself... we all want him to stay at Barcelona - it’s one of the greatest clubs in the world.

"Everything is perfect except for one thing - playing 65 per cent of the time is not sufficient for a player like Yaya, but that’s the only reason we want him to go”, Seluk said.

Toure, 27, is one of the world’s top defensive midfielders and snapping him up is a major coup for City, officials admitted.

In the past he’s been a target for Arsenal, and Chelsea also tried recently to reach a deal with Barcelona over him.

Very interesting that doctors are flying out. I rekon he will be a City player by Monday.

Freestyler said:
I know someone who has a contact who knows the city doctor very well, i'll find out tomorrow and report back tomorrow, see if there's any truth in it.

lol

Thay wouldn't take that much of a risk if there was no truth in it, would they?

Even if we spend no more money, we could have a team of:

....................Hart....................
Onuoha..Boateng..Kompany..Lescott

.......Yaya T.....de Jong/Barry.......
A Johnson.....Robinho............SWP

...................Tévez..................

Or:

....................Hart....................
Onuoha..Boateng..Kompany..Lescott

.......Yaya T.....de Jong/Barry.......
A Johnson......Tévez..........Robinho

.................Adebayor.................

Would be a fantastic signing for you guys if true. He really is one of the best box-box midfielders in Europe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.