Yaya Toure [Merged]

Rammy Blue said:
Cityisland said:
Why bother with boateng then?

We met his buyout clause and will have needed to box him off, plus he won't be an automatic starter initially.

Not saying we won't sign Yaya in next couple of days although it would be prudent to drag it out until weekend.

I see. Shame we have not seen him yet. Well, i havent anyway.

Looking beyond the views of some City fans, if the Blues do tie up the transfer of skipper Kolo’s talented 6ft 2in “little” brother, they will get more than “just another” defensive midfielder.
Perfect

The truth of that was evident when he planted a perfect ball onto the head of Didier Drogba, the Chelsea man scoring the Ivory Coast’s first goal of this summer’s tournament.

That was a timely reminder that the man currently starring for his country at the World Cup made his name as a more forward-thinking middle man.

In fact, Barcelona signed him from Monaco after he had made his name as an attacking midfielder, netting five goals in 27 games, and he had blazed a trail through some of Europe’s lesser leagues as a box-to-box athlete with a good passing game and a fierce shot.

It was only when he moved to Barca, replete with the sumptuous attacking talents of Xavi and Andres Iniesta, that he was asked to take a back-seat in midfield. It worked to perfection as his muscular game and destructive capabilities provided the perfect platform for the ebullient skills of Iniesta, Xavi and Lionel Messi as Barca romped to the treble of league, cup and Champions League.

Toure proved his adaptability when Barca were hit by defensive injury problems, slotting in as a centre back in the semi-final second leg against Chelsea and in the final victory over United in Rome in 2009
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1260375_yayas_perfect_for_city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... t_for_city</a>

I still fail to see where he would fit in. Would he be played in a more advanced role ( a la Ireland's role) or would he replace on of the holding midfielders?

If so, surely it would be Barry and not one of our players of the season, De Jong?

If we sign him there are typically 4 midfield berths - most teams will look to dominate the midfield

I'm surprised, no new links yet today saying "Toure edging closer to City move" like in the last 20 days. ;)

LoveCity said:
I'm surprised, no new links yet today saying "Toure edging closer to City move" like in the last 20 days. ;)
thats all we`ve had love city!!! edging closer edging closer!! why does he have to edge??? lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.