Yaya Toure [Merged]

So how many inches did we move closer to completion today?

Can anyone come up with a quick chart to illustrate the recent "inching" towards completion?

NewbBlue said:
It would be Barry out. Let's be honest, Barry wouldn't play for Holland.

he might well do, to be honest, Holland don't have many balanced midfielders. on the other hand I doubt de jong would get in ahead of barry and lampard. maybe he would, maybe he'd be the perfect foil for Gerrard and Lampard, but I don't think it'd be fabio's style.

confused? not me. different sort of players, there's no real like for like comparison. if we want to shut the midfield down, we'll play all three. if we want to play 4-4-2, it'll two out of the three. Which two, comes down to form, and who forms a good partnership on the pitch, not on paper. Anyone who says they know who would start is a BIG FAT LIAR.

(it'll be Barry and Yaya, most top teams go for passing ability above all else in central midfield)

Do we know that Mancini is going to stick with wide men like AJ and Bellamy every game? If not, that creates room for a "proper" midfield. Could even play Adebayor on his own up front with Tevez in behind and 4 in midfield. That's what I would do. Control the midfield and you control a game. Against Spurs, Everton etc we were chasing the ball for the most part and never really had a foothold in the game.

We've had two wide players since Hughes came because that's his style, and mancini wasforced to adopt it because his only alternative as a defensive midfield. And now City fans have got it into their heads that AJ and Bellamy (or some alternative) are automatic starters.

Guys with the amount of games we will have to play next season I am sure Barry and de Jong will both get plenty of games.

Chick Counterfly said:
NewbBlue said:
It would be Barry out. Let's be honest, Barry wouldn't play for Holland.

he might well do, to be honest, Holland don't have many balanced midfielders. on the other hand I doubt de jong would get in ahead of barry and lampard. maybe he would, maybe he'd be the perfect foil for Gerrard and Lampard, but I don't think it'd be fabio's style.

confused? not me. different sort of players, there's no real like for like comparison. if we want to shut the midfield down, we'll play all three. if we want to play 4-4-2, it'll two out of the three. Which two, comes down to form, and who forms a good partnership on the pitch, not on paper. Anyone who says they know who would start is a BIG FAT LIAR.

(it'll be Barry and Yaya, most top teams go for passing ability above all else in central midfield)

Correct

Marvin said:
Do we know that Mancini is going to stick with wide men like AJ and Bellamy every game? If not, that creates room for a "proper" midfield. Could even play Adebayor on his own up front with Tevez in behind and 4 in midfield. That's what I would do. Control the midfield and you control a game. Against Spurs, Everton etc we were chasing the ball for the most part and never really had a foothold in the game.

We've had two wide players since Hughes came because that's his style, and mancini wasforced to adopt it because his only alternative as a defensive midfield. And now City fans have got it into their heads that AJ and Bellamy (or some alternative) are automatic starters.

Would be surprised if Bellers was still at the club come August and AJ imo won't be an automatic starter.

I expect Bob will play on a variation of 4-3-1-2 where Carlos will play in behind Ade and Ibra/Torres/Dzeko or Silva/New Creative Mid (assuming he signs) in behind Carlos and another striker Ade/Torres/Ibra etc.

The midfield 3 will be strong and chosen from Yaya, NDJ, Barry, Milner and Vieira - both full backs will be expected to push on and create the additional width.

imo of course....

this must be the most thorough medical in the history of football he's been having it since the middle of last week.
and he must be signing his name one letter per day on that contract.

its good to be certain ;)

Rammy Blue said:
Marvin said:

Would be surprised if Bellers was still at the club come August and AJ imo won't be an automatic starter.

I expect Bob will play on a variation of 4-3-1-2 where Carlos will play in behind Ade and Ibra/Torres/Dzeko or Silva/New Creative Mid (assuming he signs) in behind Carlos and another striker Ade/Torres/Ibra etc.

The midfield 3 will be strong and chosen from Yaya, NDJ, Barry, Milner and Vieira - both full backs will be expected to push on and create the additional width.

imo of course....

harsh but true in AJ's case if Silva comes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.