Yaya Toure [Merged]

This is the bit I like the most:
Seluk revealed he will speak to new Barca president Sandro Rosell, but insists Toure has his heart set on a move to the Premier League club.
Shows he really wants it now, there's no going back, if he wants to be here, he will be twice the player here now than if he only signed because we were the only club offering.

don't think this has been posted should be done by friday

Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure is close to a switch to Manchester City where he has been promised a prominent first-team role, according to his agent.

Toure, 27, has been linked with the Blues all summer after falling out of favour with head coach Pep Guardiola. A move has been delayed by the Ivory Coast's involvement at World Cup 2010 and the change of leadership at the Nou Camp.

With Sandro Rosell now set to takeover on July 1, agent Dimitri Seluk told Sport he expected the £25 million transfer to be sealed within the next few days.

"I think we will have a solution this week," Seluk said.

"In fact, I would say that [it will be done] on the first [Thursday] or second of July - maybe on the second because the first will be a very busy day at Barca with the change of president.

"Yes, we have to talk, but of course, the reality is not going to change in one moment.

"Yaya wants to play the important games and he knows that he will be an important player at Manchester City.

"It is not a money problem, as I have said 1,000 times, but a problem of [the lack of] confidence [that Barca have in him]."

Seluk said nothing had been signed yet, but claimed Toure's salary demands were not astronomical.

"I haven't signed anything. However, Yaya doesn't have an astronomical salary, not at all, so it won't be difficult to be reach an agreement," he said

sounds really good boys and girls!!!! cant wait to see him and de jong get stuck into fletcher in the derby!!!

this all does sound very promising

the only thing that concerns me about this is this agent of his.....he could well cause trouble in the future by the sounds of things.....we all remember what willie mckay was like when he was an agent for various city players a few yrs back

Tommy Nookah said:
don't think this has been posted should be done by friday

Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure is close to a switch to Manchester City where he has been promised a prominent first-team role, according to his agent.

Toure, 27, has been linked with the Blues all summer after falling out of favour with head coach Pep Guardiola. A move has been delayed by the Ivory Coast's involvement at World Cup 2010 and the change of leadership at the Nou Camp.

With Sandro Rosell now set to takeover on July 1, agent Dimitri Seluk told Sport he expected the £25 million transfer to be sealed within the next few days.

"I think we will have a solution this week," Seluk said.

"In fact, I would say that [it will be done] on the first [Thursday] or second of July - maybe on the second because the first will be a very busy day at Barca with the change of president.

"Yes, we have to talk, but of course, the reality is not going to change in one moment.

"Yaya wants to play the important games and he knows that he will be an important player at Manchester City.

"It is not a money problem, as I have said 1,000 times, but a problem of [the lack of] confidence [that Barca have in him]."

Seluk said nothing had been signed yet, but claimed Toure's salary demands were not astronomical.

"I haven't signed anything. However, Yaya doesn't have an astronomical salary, not at all, so it won't be difficult to be reach an agreement," he said

not sure I like the last sentence - does not have astronomical wage demands....so could stay at Barcelona? I assume that is not what he was getting at?

simon23 said:

the only thing that concerns me about this is this agent of his.....he could well cause trouble in the future by the sounds of things.....we all remember what willie mckay was like when he was an agent for various city players a few yrs back

A move to us is generally these days the height of a players earning potential. I doubt agents are likely to rock the boat for financial reasons.

simon23 said:

If you think he's ugly now, he will be by the time those guys have finished with him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.