Yaya Toure [Merged]

whipper said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Knobs on Talkshite reckon he´s on 220k a week - that´s bollox innit? Can someone put these clowns right as I can´t coz I listen on t´ínternet (should I really admit that?)

Heard it myself,but the thing is with Talk Shite they talk shite.

They have added 30% on top of his wage to get a reaction,fuming fans will then ring their 0845 number,then start bleating about how we are ruining football.
So it´s about 160k then .....mmmm - we´ll see if he´s worth it - hope so

Yes, because I am sure all sports journalists get the contract Yaya Touré signed placed in front of them by Manchester City after he has completed the move so they can report that extreme figure. They have basically lied through their back teeth in order to sell papers, nothing more and nothing less. We've seen it before, we'll see it again with (insert another City signings name). It's boring and it's predictable and they need to come up with some material.

The fact is that the door is closed on the press until we wish to communicate with them whatsoever. Other than that they tend to print bullshit stories about us in order to make sales. Funny how, despite the bullshit, it's made us the club everybody is talking about isn't it? Any publicity is good publicity and it keeps the rags in the shadows =)

Could have sworn it was 110k per week reading between the lines in the NOTW article.

Obviously they blew it out of proportion by adding image rights, bonuses etc. on top of that.

Gerrard's basic is more than that from my understanding, although obviously he didn't bring in many/any bonuses home last year :-)

C_T_I_D said:
Yes, because I am sure all sports journalists get the contract Yaya Touré signed placed in front of them by Manchester City after he has completed the move so they can report that extreme figure. They have basically lied through their back teeth in order to sell papers, nothing more and nothing less. We've seen it before, we'll see it again with (insert another City signings name). It's boring and it's predictable and they need to come up with some material.

The fact is that the door is closed on the press until we wish to communicate with them whatsoever. Other than that they tend to print bullshit stories about us in order to make sales. Funny how, despite the bullshit, it's made us the club everybody is talking about isn't it? Any publicity is good publicity and it keeps the rags in the shadows =)

It's just fooking annoying that in the same article, they probably got the two easiest of info to get right, that is accessible to anybody, wrong, these being the amount of games played last season for Barcelona, and also where the the medical had taken place. However, we are then supposed to believe all that crap regarding his contract that probably only a handful of people would be privy too.

funny how when it comes to city it's never basic wages mentioned like any other player, has to be bonuses, image rights added on.
anyone remember the tevez transfer fee costing £47mil after all the wages for 5 years etc we're added on? that scouse twat of a times sports editor has mentioned it a few times on the radio. and there was me thinking robinho still held the highest transfer fee for an english club silly me.

Freestyler said:
Did the idiot from the NOTW who published the story reply to anyones tweets?

He responded to mine with this:

@avoidconfusion when you actually have an argument to justify one of your absurd comments message me, otherwise don't waste your time.

I was thinking about getting back to him with the argument that he is a smelly twat.

avoidconfusion said:
Freestyler said:
Did the idiot from the NOTW who published the story reply to anyones tweets?

He responded to mine with this:

@avoidconfusion when you actually have an argument to justify one of your absurd comments message me, otherwise don't waste your time.

I was thinking about getting back to him with the argument that he is a smelly twat.

what was that tweet you sent ?

I sent him two.

The first one was:

@NeilAshton_NOTW I reckon City's lawyers will be busy on Monday setting up a letter for you after that bullshit you wrote about Toure's wage

He did not respond to it but I saw him respond to a fellow blue:

@ctid29 we don't dream these things up. Worrying some #mcfc fans believe escalating salaries at clubs is acceptable

So then I tweeted this:

@NeilAshton_NOTW You don't dream these things up? I actually think that is exactly what you do.

Which then prompted the response. :)

avoidconfusion said:
I sent him two.

The first one was:

@NeilAshton_NOTW I reckon City's lawyers will be busy on Monday setting up a letter for you after that bullshit you wrote about Toure's wage

He did not respond to it but I saw him respond to a fellow blue:

@ctid29 we don't dream these things up. Worrying some #mcfc fans believe escalating salaries at clubs is acceptable

So then I tweeted this:

@NeilAshton_NOTW You don't dream these things up? I actually think that is exactly what you do.

Which then prompted the response. :)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk/football_club.aspx?football_club=Manchester+City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballtransferleague.co.uk ... ester+City</a>

Everyone send the above link to the Twat Ashton and the Twat Ashton's editor
on <a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/NeilAshton_NOTW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/NeilAshton_NOTW</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.