Yaya Toure Retires - City Legend and one of the Best ever

He said we stopped him going to be with his dying brother,we gave him the time and he went to the middle east to do pundit work,he ruined the 2014 title win as 2 days after he went on his rant about the above and no cake and how the club disrespected him,refused to appologise for his agents words,he always said his agent talks for him,let back in and as soon as he leaves accuses pep of being a racist,,you seem to have missed a lot,great player but a **** of a person,i didn't care when he left,compare with dave and sergio,model human beings
I don’t care what he did off the pitch. It didn’t affect my support or enjoyment of City or him, it didn’t ruin the 2014 title win in any way shape or form. What he did off the pitch was insignificant to me and many fans and seemingly the players too who all loved Yaya and still did after the comments about Pep in the way they celebrated with Yaya at Brighton this season.

You can disagree with someone’s views or actions and still disconnect those individual views or actions away from all their other individual views or actions and their personality as a whole.

You can even dislike everything about someone but still disconnect that from the footballer on the pitch.

Yaya is the best player I’ve ever seen play for City. He was a total colossus for us until his legs started to go. Nothing will diminish his legendary status with me and many fans. There may well be nicer, more down to Earth and less erratic personalities who’ve played for us; but none I’ve ever seen are as good with the ball at their feet than Yaya, not even de Bruyne (yet, still has more to show in the coming years).

For me once you step over that white line with the kit on, that’s it. That’s all that matters. If they’re a decent bloke or never do or say anything wrong outside that then that’s a bonus.

Garrincha is held in very high esteem in Brazil, but the bloke used to fuck goats! But even that doesn’t diminish his legendary status as a footballer.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s the most important player in our modern history. For me, probably our greatest player of all time. His agent was a disgrace but he was doing the job well for his client. That’s life.

There are some haters but even our most criticised players of recent years (Dzeko, Kolarov and Navas) have gone on to have very good years with other teams. Over time, Dzeko and arguably Kolarov have become City heroes for the passion they have shown for our Club. People who criticised these guys week in week out used to sing that camp song, “ 1 Jimmy Milner, I want you to stay.” That ended well lol!

Watched the Sky Premier League 2013/14 Slippy G season, the other day and it showed just how much Yaya played a leading role in winning the title that season (and Dzeko).
Great season from a great player. How he wasn't POTY (and Pelligrini wasn't MOTY) defies sensible logic. Suarez and Pardew!

Pity about how it all went wrong mainly because of the agent IMO.

There’s no argument on that from me.

I don’t care what he did off the pitch. It didn’t affect my support or enjoyment of City or him, it didn’t ruin the 2014 title win in any way shape or form. What he did off the pitch was insignificant to me and many fans and seemingly the players too who all loved Yaya and still did after the comments about Pep in the way they celebrated with Yaya at Brighton this season.

You can disagree with someone’s views or actions and still disconnect those individual views or actions away from all their other individual views or actions and their personality as a whole.

You can even dislike everything about someone but still disconnect that from the footballer on the pitch.

Yaya is the best player I’ve ever seen play for City. He was a total colossus for us until his legs started to go. Nothing will diminish his legendary status with me and many fans. There may well be nicer, more down to Earth and less erratic personalities who’ve played for us; but none I’ve ever seen are as good with the ball at their feet than Yaya, not even de Bruyne (yet, still has more to show in the coming years).

For me once you step over that white line with the kit on, that’s it. That’s all that matters. If they’re a decent bloke or never do or say anything wrong outside that then that’s a bonus.

Garrincha is held in very high esteem in Brazil, but the bloke used to fuck goats! But even that doesn’t diminish his legendary status as a footballer.
Well said.Yaya Toure is the Greatest footballer ever to play for Manchester City.
Never once did he go hiding on the pitch.A central midfield genius.with ball playing skills I've never seen the like of.in all my life from a City player.And a true goalscorer.who barely missed a match ..and bossed every other teams midfield in the prem bar none.Yaya is the Greatest.

Well said.Yaya Toure is the Greatest footballer ever to play for Manchester City.
Never once did he go hiding on the pitch.A central midfield genius.with ball playing skills I've never seen the like of.in all my life from a City player.And a true goalscorer.who barely missed a match ..and bossed every other teams midfield in the prem bar none.Yaya is the Greatest.
Is he fuck, Silva has been far better.

Blind loyalty.
lol, you want blind loyalty, go to the new kit thread.
i swear the kits could be three shades of baby shit brown and they'd still be mint.
but on topic, yaya was great, then was good when he wanted to be, then got a bit lazy at times, then i was glad when the drama stopped when he left.

Last edited:
Is he fuck, Silva has been far better.
I disagree.

Silva has been consistently 8 out of 10 throughout his City career. He’s right up there with the best we’ve had, certainly in the top half dozen all-time. But only on a handful of occasions has Silva grabbed hold of the game by the scruff of the neck and won it for us. He’s more the man who keeps things ticking, he runs the tempo of play. But he’s not the 10/10 player who dominates the opposition and scores the world class goal or the crucial winner.

Yaya bossed everybody at every team! Lampard Gerrard Carrick Fabregas Paulinho Sissoko Fletcher Mikel Fellaini Henderson Essien Mata Matic Lucas Allen Dembélé, no Prem midfielder between 2011 and 2014 got near him, they all got dominated and schooled by Yaya. He was untouchable!

Yaya was the biggest of big game goal scorers. World class goals. Goals from runs from our own half, bullets into the top corner, never shirked a penalty and never missed one.

His passing was also unrivalled. Nobody ever got the ball off him. I don’t recall anyone taking the ball off him in his prime years. He’s he calmest player I’ve ever seen with the ball at his feet as well as the strongest. He’d hold everyone off and just play the best simple pass that was on. There were numerous games where he had 110-120 completed passes.

I don’t think there’s any doubt that Yaya is the greatest I’ve seen in a City shirt.

He was, however, shit at heading the ball! Must have won about 3/500 aerial duels in his time with us :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.