Yaya Toure

nmc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
At the time, right behind it in 537, it looked accidental so can't wait to see it again.

If Rooney had scored that - it would have been billed as the goal of the Century.[/quote)

This, it would have been shown every time Wembley was mentioned, the best goal ever etc, etc instead of which we will probably never see it on tv again,
Thick Mick mcarthy said it was a cross that went wrong FFS!

What a great day though Pellers 1 - wee Davey 0

Tbf, I can see why people think it was a mishit cross, he is so nonchalant about it all. For me, it's an absolute gem, utter perfection. However, I wouldn't be to quick to insult anyone who thought it was lucky. Even though they would be wrong.

ForzaMancini said:
Tbf, I can see why people think it was a mishit cross, he is so nonchalant about it all. For me, it's an absolute gem, utter perfection. However, I wouldn't be to quick to insult anyone who thought it was lucky. Even though they would be wrong.

he meant it anyone that thinks different is talking shite

Without Yaya where would we be? Look at his goals. Each goal has had a significant outcome or won trophies for us.

Those goals against Newcastle, which gave us our chance for the title.
Goal against United and Stoke which won us the FA Cup
And now today, another key goal.

For me he deserves legendary status and hall of fame, if not more. A status once he retires.

Best player to put on a city shirt for a very very long time.

piffy on a rock bun said:
nmc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
At the time, right behind it in 537, it looked accidental so can't wait to see it again.

If Rooney had scored that - it would have been billed as the goal of the Century.[/quote)

This, it would have been shown every time Wembley was mentioned, the best goal ever etc, etc instead of which we will probably never see it on tv again,
Thick Mick mcarthy said it was a cross that went wrong FFS!

What a great day though Pellers 1 - wee Davey 0

Spot on - report that Sky Sports.

dctid said:
ForzaMancini said:

To be fair, one of the pundits on Sky (can't remember which one; Phillips maybe?) commented that Yaya did have a look up before he struck it and that he definitely meant it.

jimharri said:
dctid said:
ForzaMancini said:

To be fair, one of the pundits on Sky (can't remember which one; Phillips maybe?) commented that Yaya did have a look up before he struck it and that he definitely meant it.

After watching it for what must be the 50th time now it is quite apparent that it started as a cross and then within a millisecond he changed his mind and decided to shoot. Definitely intentional.

jimharri said:
dctid said:
ForzaMancini said:

He just struck it like one of his freekicks. The dip and bend of it was just insane. I really do think only about 5 footballers in the world could have scored that goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.