Yaya Toure

Carver said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He came close to scoring 3 times today.

He was the least of our problems. For me he was one of the better players.

Compared with

Hart- one shot to save. Can't do it.
Sagna- did he contribute anything offensively?
Fernandinho- fucking awful when he came on
Silva- contributed nothing other than the pass that indirectly led to their goal.
Nasri- back to his "I've got a good contract" worst
Jovetic- invisible.

Agree with some of that...

Sagna... It was his debut. Put in a couple of thundering challenges. Only started coming forward when we were behind to support navas. I would rather he concentrate on his prime responsibility in defence at the moment like he did. Give it 4 games before he knows who is covering what in each situation.
Kolarov, on the other hand, was dreadful. Dodgy tackle that should have been a pen. 3 glaring errors defensively, the one that led to the goal simply would not have happened with clichy.

Jovetic showed some movement in 1st half hour then seemed to give up once he realised he was going to have the shit kicked out of him all day.

Stoke didn't fall into the trap of chasing out after the ball when we passed it back to the defenders to try and create space. This was a game for milner and dzeko to start, one of silva or nasri should have been benched.

It's not all about city. Stoke did a class containing job on us and teams capable of doing this will learn from it.

Fair play to Stoke but what I'm reading this morning about This being a blueprint of how you should play at the Etihad is over the top. They set up exactly the same as many teams do, but for me Peter Crouch made a huge difference. We just can't handle him, most teams we play Kompany and Demichelis can control their forwards, yesterday Crouch made a huge difference.

Let's face it, not one of our team could have been nominated for MOTM, but I am not worried. It is the beginning of the season, there's a long way to go, etc., etc., etc.,

In Mr Pellegrini I trust plus; We are Manchester City we fight to the end. The Boys in Blue never give in. (MHO)

quiet_riot said:
Nice to see him laughing it up with his mate Bojan 30 seconds after we lose.
why you were hoping he'd be crying?.
It's one bad result not the cup final.

The highlight for me yesterday was the hotdog eating competition in City Square. That says more about the game than the eating competition.

Let's just say, it wasn't a good day - I had, and continue to have, an ear infection and I got soaked on my way back to Piccadilly. I also had a headache. Not sure if that was partly due to having to endure the game.

I won't over analyse our performance. We simply looked rusty and had one of those days when no single player, with the possible exception of Dzeko, could say they reached a level that could be considered 'average'

I have such high regard for Yaya and he sets such incredible standards that when he has a below par game like yesterday for his standard, I get frustrated because we all know he is the finest midfielder in the Prem and arguably one of the best in Europe.

Not everyone can be perform well every game. Even Sergio seems to give up second half which isn't like him either.

Yaya for me hasn't performed to his usual perfection at all this season so far.

Is it down to Jovetic playing deeper?

Dax777 said:
quiet_riot said:
Nice to see him laughing it up with his mate Bojan 30 seconds after we lose.
why you were hoping he'd be crying?.
It's one bad result not the cup final.

I don't expect tears, I don't even expect him to be as pissed off as we are, I do expect the slightest tinge of annoyance. Vince, our captain, had a face like thunder coming off, rightly so. Yaya, just not arsed.

Yaya was average at best yday but we had players who were much worse than him.

Nasri has started the player looking like he can't be arsed, kolarov looked like the player of 2 seasons ago why didn't he take a yellow and stop diouf running through while Fernandinho looked like a player feeling sorry for himself after the World Cup. Yaya average yes - but shouldn't be the scape goat for yday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.