Yaya Toure

I find it all rather interesting that people think Yaya is "done". He was pretty much shackled, last night.

Although Pep's system is a 'fluid' system, one cannot be the individual within said 'fluidity'. At least, not until everybody knows the 'system'.

So, for me, if you think Yaya is 'done', spare a thought for KdB as he's 'shackled' in a similar way...
I take it from comments such as these that there's a perception he should be playing. If he is only shackled by Guardiola, then presumably he still has the physical capacity in which case you must think he should still be playing as his touch is the last to go. This is nonsense but I am only drawing out the logic of your argument.

Why not play him CD. Apparently the requirements now are :- size ( yes ) poor at defending ( yes ) slow ( yes ) ability to pass ( yes ) good header ( yes ) inability to back track ( yes ) useless under pressure ( yes ) plus IIRC he has played there before & in a Euro cup final.

Why not play him CD. Apparently the requirements now are :- size ( yes ) poor at defending ( yes ) slow ( yes ) ability to pass ( yes ) good header ( yes ) inability to back track ( yes ) useless under pressure ( yes ) plus IIRC he has played there before & in a Euro cup final.

Nice bit of quality cynicism.

Tbf our poncy, passing defenders have done quite well so far though. It's early days but they have been much more solid than last season's. Have to be ready for the long ball, set piece, 90s style aerial barrage at the swamp though.

Maybe they arn't the requirements for a CD and hencce he isn't playing there?

I take it from comments such as these that there's a perception he should be playing. If he is only shackled by Guardiola, then presumably he still has the physical capacity in which case you must think he should still be playing as his touch is the last to go. This is nonsense but I am only drawing out the logic of your argument.

Touré still needs to find his identity within the 'system' as KdB is finding. Surely, there's no coincidence that BOTH players have hardly been at their creative best as of yet?

Last year, all play went through Silva de Bruyne and Touré when either amount was on the pitch at a given time. This is not the case now.

Silva has slotted in quite quickly as his role is similar to how he's played in Spain, all his life. Touré became a marauder here, from Spain, much the same as Kev dB in a freedom of expression play and both have now to adapt their style and re-find their identity within this system, before they can rediscover their 'freedom' within it.

I'm unsure why it isn't abundantly clear to you.

Touré still needs to find his identity within the 'system' as KdB is finding. Surely, there's no coincidence that BOTH players have hardly been at their creative best as of yet?

Last year, all play went through Silva de Bruyne and Touré when either amount was on the pitch at a given time. This is not the case now.

Silva has slotted in quite quickly as his role is similar to how he's played in Spain, all his life. Touré became a marauder here, from Spain, much the same as Kev dB in a freedom of expression play and both have now to adapt their style and re-find their identity within this system, before they can rediscover their 'freedom' within it.

I'm unsure why it isn't abundantly clear to you.

I think you are kidding yourself he has a place here tbh. The dynamics for Kev and yaya are pretty different really, age skill sets etc etc. Yaya can still do a job at a team playing to a high level but i think at his age now at least, is a losing battle for him under Pep. Personally i think the Italian league will suit his generally languid style pretty well.

I think you are kidding yourself he has a place here tbh. The dynamics for Kev and yaya are pretty different really, age skill sets etc etc. Yaya can still do a job at a team playing to a high level but i think at his age now at least, is a losing battle for him under Pep. Personally i think the Italian league will suit his generally languid style pretty well.

Andrés Iniesta, at Barca, is 32. 3-fooking-2 and is still galloping because the system, slightly tweaked from Guardiola's allows him to position, receive, give and go because everyone else is moving. This is what's happening here and both players I mentioned still need to find their rhythm, their positioning for best usage within the team.

I haven't said Touré deserves a place, but we shall see in 6 months where he is, as Guardiola believes that is when everyone should know what they're doing.

That said, perhaps PG has seen enough, but I think he'll wait on him.

I agree he won't command a place, though, based upon this perceived form of one game played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.