Yaya Toure

Yes, probably. But his lack of mobility really counts against him everywhere else...

In the system we are using right now, as a starting player, yes. But as a sub, or an option for something different, such as to change to the kind of setup you are talking about, we just have him & Aleix Garcia imo.

They are different to our other mids.

In the system we are using right now, as a starting player, yes. But as a sub, or an option for something different, such as to change to the kind of setup you are talking about, we just have him & Aleix Garcia imo.

They are different to our other mids.

Think he will see out his contract as not going to get paid anything like at another European club, could move as free agent next year possible to China?
Can't see him starting any of the League or European games, not mobile enough to fit in to Peps team, more to be used as an impact sub but think when. Gundogan is fit the fact that we already have Delph in reserve not sure he will see much game time. Thought he tried hard last night but not the player of two seasons ago but age catches up with us all.

Think he will see out his contract as not going to get paid anything like at another European club, could move as free agent next year possible to China?
Can't see him starting any of the League or European games, not mobile enough to fit in to Peps team, more to be used as an impact sub but think when. Gundogan is fit the fact that we already have Delph in reserve not sure he will see much game time. Thought he tried hard last night but not the player of two seasons ago but age catches up with us all.

Gundogan & Fernandinho could imo play alongside Yaya, with one or both of Silva & DeBruyne in the front 3. Very solid & technical team.

Sheer pace on the bench, ready to come on when the oppo gerts tired chasing the ball.

Just one of many possible examples of how Yaya could fit in, but of course it's upto what Pep thinks.

Don't think Yaya will be going anywhere until is contract ends and, if and when he plays, he isn't going to hare around like a teenager because he is a 33 year old of some size and plenty of miles on the clock.

Be interesting to see how much Pep does use him.

Don't think Yaya will be going anywhere until is contract ends and, if and when he plays, he isn't going to hare around like a teenager because he is a 33 year old of some size and plenty of miles on the clock.

Be interesting to see how much Pep does use him.

How many do we need to bin off now if Hart stays ?

I forgot where we are up to.

I thought Yaya looked really sad when he went off & assumed it was for Joe's sake but now I wonder.

How many do we need to bin off now if Hart stays ?

I forgot where we are up to.

I thought Yaya looked really sad when he went off & assumed it was for Joe's sake but now I wonder.

I think it's three? So out of all the players who are rumoured to be leaving, Yaya has the best chance to stay. And his salary makes him rather difficult to offload, if that is indeed Pep's intention. Personally I think Yaya can still contribute a lot from the bench as he can offer something much more than huffing and puffing without purpose, namely brilliant passing and belting goals (though imo it would be a bonus rather than basic requirement for Pep's midfielders). But in current state he may not be able to last the whole game so it might be best if he could be used as a sub. There are too many things we don't know, e.g. whether such a steep decline in fitness can be arrested and maintained at an acceptable level, or whether Yaya is willing to accept a limited role. At the moment the selfish side in me is hoping he can stay and see out the contract. But if he leaves, he will have my best wishes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.