Yaya Toure

I find the hostility to Ya Ya of some posters on this thread, and of some to Joe on the Joe Hart thread, offensive. Ya Ya is not lazy and never has been: Joe has not made a conscious decision to sabotage the team by refusing to be excellent with the ball at his feet. Ya Ya is a verybig man and his size makes it difficult to turn quickly and show the "intensity" Pep demands when we lose possession. Pep hasn't chosen either because they find it difficult to meet his demands. But where this rubbish about splits in the dressing room, plots hatched by Ya Ya and Nasri come from I don't know. If such were the case Pep would tell us straight; he stated very clearly very early on at Barcelona that Ronaldinho, Deko and Eto'o had no future at the club, though Eto'o played in the team of 2008-9 before being ushered out. Pep has said nothing of the kind about Ya Ya or Joe but has explained his decisions in football terms. It is his decision and his alone whether they play or not and we all accept that. But we should not forget what Joe and Ya Ya have done for this club in the last six years. It doesn't mean they have a right to a place in the team - anymore than the academy is a job creation scheme with a guarantee of a place - but if go they must, they should go with dignity and with our thanks.

I find the hostility to Ya Ya of some posters on this thread, and of some to Joe on the Joe Hart thread, offensive.
I find the complete lack of respect and decorum from Yaya and his representatives offensive. As for dignity, Seluk burned that bridge with Cake Gate. I'll support him while he's here and applaud him when he leaves but I'll shed no tears.

Do any of our resident ITK's know we were 100% in for Kroos? As good as he is he just doesn't seem like a player Pep would want back with the lack of intensity he clearly shows. There's no way he could ever play in the holding role, as proved at Bayern judging by what I've read of Peps' book so far, in fact he even chose Lahm in front of a genuine midfielder.

Keep reading Pep's book and you'll come to the bit about Pep explaining to Kroos how important Kroos is to Bayern and how he wants him to stay; which is likened to the situation he had with Yaya at Barca, who he wanted to stay.

Yaya has clearly slimmed down and may get even trimmer; we don't know what targets he has been set fitness wise.
He can slim down all he wants, he will be on his way as he clearly has no future at this club under Pep. High wage demands are probably too high bar one or two Chinese teams paying well over the odds for fading stars.

I find the hostility to Ya Ya of some posters on this thread, and of some to Joe on the Joe Hart thread, offensive. Ya Ya is not lazy and never has been: Joe has not made a conscious decision to sabotage the team by refusing to be excellent with the ball at his feet. Ya Ya is a verybig man and his size makes it difficult to turn quickly and show the "intensity" Pep demands when we lose possession. Pep hasn't chosen either because they find it difficult to meet his demands. But where this rubbish about splits in the dressing room, plots hatched by Ya Ya and Nasri come from I don't know. If such were the case Pep would tell us straight; he stated very clearly very early on at Barcelona that Ronaldinho, Deko and Eto'o had no future at the club, though Eto'o played in the team of 2008-9 before being ushered out. Pep has said nothing of the kind about Ya Ya or Joe but has explained his decisions in football terms. It is his decision and his alone whether they play or not and we all accept that. But we should not forget what Joe and Ya Ya have done for this club in the last six years. It doesn't mean they have a right to a place in the team - anymore than the academy is a job creation scheme with a guarantee of a place - but if go they must, they should go with dignity and with our thanks.

Yaya is not lazy - must mean he just thinks he's above putting the work in when we don't have the ball then cos he doesn't run anywhere near fast enough when we lose possession!! I saw the odd game last season when Yaya looked up for it and put in an extra bit of effort off the ball but those occasions were few and far between, like Pep said not enough intesity when we don't have the ball !!

Hart knew Pep was coming for sometime, he didn't prepare, simple as that!!

We all appreciate what they did in the past but honestly with some of the psycophantic views of some fans we'd never make progress. Pep's trying to take us to the next level!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.