Yaya Toure

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't go there,he is 35 and a top 4 team won't take him even the rags,join up with mp is his best hope of staying in the prem on a decent wage
They have previous for signing older players, past their prime, as statements and vehicles for marketing/merchandising, though. And they are desperate to get even a symbolic (mostly empty) “victory” over us, no matter that costs, hence the Sanchez transfer. Add to it the Pogba mentoring angle, which I’ve just found Yaya actually apparently talks up himself, and you have a small possibility.

It probably doesn’t happen, though.
How would he add any value to them?

He will be going wherever the biggest pay day is
See above for my take on that—(very) temporary reprieve from desperation is a form of value to them these days.

Yaya is 6 foot 2, Juan Mata is only 5 foot 7, it's a clear upgrade imo
Mata usually doesn't know how to defend; Yaya usually doesn't try to defend.

Neither player is going to be in Morhino's squad.

Poor that from Yaya.

It wouldn't hurt to rule out the rags unless he knows he would consider it. Just goes to show he has zero loyalty and doesn't give a flying fuck about the fans. A real shame.

And I can see it too. The rags losing Carrick and fellaini and it's a chance to 'rob' us of a club legend...

I tell you, if he were to go there, he would be no legend in my eyes.

Hopefully he doesn't.

(And no, I don't think that's an overreaction. Vinny, Dave, Kun, Dinho, Pablo... they would say no chance!)

Outgoing Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure not ruling out move to Manchester United

Outgoing Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure says he is not ruling out a move to Manchester United as he looks towards the next move of his career.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...oure-not-ruling-out-move-to-manchester-united

————————————————————

A bit of spin from SSN but, at the same time, I have said before that I would not be shocked if he eventually went to them. Of all of our departing modern era players, he (especially when you consider Seluk’s modus operandi) is the most likely to be open to such a move.

For the record, I hope it never happens, and especially not right after leaving us with a send off as he has received. It would sour things a bit.
Past it, huge wages/signing fee/agent fee, Maureen and Seluk would be comedy gold, yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.