Yaya V Scholes

Hinchcliffe's header said:
rickmcfc said:
Strengths, weaknesses, who is the better player?

Discuss.

You really have got to be having a laugh

This really is Ferrari v Fiat

Do me a favour.

There's nothing to see here. Move along now

Fiat ? Scholes is top 5 PL players ever for me

bluemc1 said:
rickmcfc said:
Strengths, weaknesses, who is the better player?

Discuss.

Do me a favour.

Corradi
Samaras
Sinclair
Ben Haim
Boyata

Give your head a wobble mate ;)

scholes was a fantastic player... he could switch a ball 70 80 yards and get it to someones feet without even trying and his shots were literally out of this world... cant remember who it was against west ham maybe? where a corner comes in and the defender heads it out 25 yards or so out and he just willies it into the top bin...

yaya is a blue though and he has changed so much for us over the years and become crucial going forward and tracking back whenever he feels like it and also never fails on the big occasion...

but here are some quotes that's past and present players have said about scholes and you have to admire him and even if he is a red... he was still a class English player

When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once I was showing my skills to Scholes. After I finished, Scholes took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I’m going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn’t hit it, with that accuracy. He smiled and left." - C.Ronaldo

"In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen – the most complete – is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more." - Xavi

"The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy – Scholes." - Viera

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder." - Zidane

"If he was playing with me, I would have scored so many more." - Pele

Bibinho said:
scholes was a fantastic player... he could switch a ball 70 80 yards and get it to someones feet without even trying and his shots were literally out of this world... cant remember who it was against west ham maybe? where a corner comes in and the defender heads it out 25 yards or so out and he just willies it into the top bin...

yaya is a blue though and he has changed so much for us over the years and become crucial going forward and tracking back whenever he feels like it and also never fails on the big occasion...

but here are some quotes that's past and present players have said about scholes and you have to admire him and even if he is a red... he was still a class English player

When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once I was showing my skills to Scholes. After I finished, Scholes took the ball and pointed to a tree which was about 50m from where we were standing. He said, I’m going to hit it in one shot. He kicked and hit the tree. He asked me to do the same; I kicked about 10 times, but still couldn’t hit it, with that accuracy. He smiled and left." - C.Ronaldo

"In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen – the most complete – is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more." - Xavi

"My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder." - Zidane

"Ginger Rag ****, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire" - Various Blues
Fixed - you forgot the most important one mate.

I hate to say it but Scholes was world class. If he was foreign everyone would be creaming themselves over him on a Pirlo, Zidane level, even more so than they already are. Retired far too early from internationals.

In regards to comparing the two, two completely different players. Although Yaya is probably the more complete mainly due to his strength and defensive ability.

I'm off to wash my keyboard and my hands after typing out that first paragraph

aguero93:20 said:
bluemc1 said:

Do me a favour.

Corradi
Samaras
Sinclair
Ben Haim
Boyata

Give your head a wobble mate ;)

eerrrr no mate i meant none City players DURH

aguero93:20 said:
Bibinho said:

"Ginger Rag ****, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire" - Various Blues
Fixed - you forgot the most important one mate.
ahhh how could I forget, thanks for that one mate

This kind of question should be asked from neutrals, not on bluemoon or on their forum. answers are always going to be more or less biased anyway.

Obviously Yaya pisses all over that ginger tho

Scholes - a centre midfielder that couldn't tackle? Fantastic passer of the ball and scored a few long distance goals. Retired from England as he knew that Steven Gerrard was twice the player.

Yaya is without doubt the better player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.