Yaya

yayas trusty right foot

If we are going to compete next season we need him back to his best...

He looks heavy to me, he needs to lose a few pounds and get back to last seasons shape.

Woeful today and for large parts of this season. Sadly I feel we have a guy here who picks and chooses his games and his motivation levels based on when he can be arsed.

This season he has laboured and strolled around for too many games. With the right temperament this guy could be a beast, he could be a totally dominant Vieira-type midfielder who just dominates the midfield, instead we have a guy who lazily plods around, having 10-15 minute breaks in games where he disappears, then you get the MOTD-crew raving over him cos he does one moment - it's not enough for a centre-mid and it's one of the reasons we've been poor this year. Too many of our 'big name' players just strolling around half-arsed.

JamesA said:
Woeful today and for large parts of this season. Sadly I feel we have a guy here who picks and chooses his games and his motivation levels based on when he can be arsed.

This season he has laboured and strolled around for too many games. With the right temperament this guy could be a beast, he could be a totally dominant Vieira-type midfielder who just dominates the midfield, instead we have a guy who lazily plods around, having 10-15 minute breaks in games where he disappears, then you get the MOTD-crew raving over him cos he does one moment - it's not enough for a centre-mid and it's one of the reasons we've been poor this year. Too many of our 'big name' players just strolling around half-arsed.

Sadly i'm inclined to agree! - I was screaming at him to run at Wigan today but every time he was on the ball he'd then lay it off to the player next too him, and he didn't provide any of his trade mark bursts of pace at the opposition defences which we all know and love! - Frankly he just didn't look like he was too bothered, although that could be said for everyone in a blue shirt today!

I am certain his hamstring was not fully healed.....not once did he run at their back line

There isn't enough competition for places in our squad.

There are those who know they are a starter most week on big money so are virtually undroppable.

Then there are the 2nd string players, who may try hard to get in the team, but still aren't good enough anyway.

We need to sell the shit players and bring in players that are better than what we already have.

mansour's tow ropes said:
There isn't enough competition for places in our squad.

There are those who know they are a starter most week on big money so are virtually undroppable.

Then there are the 2nd string players, who may try hard to get in the team, but still aren't good enough anyway.

We need to sell the shit players and bring in players that are better than what we already have.

Agreed, I think Joe is guilty of thinking he's the complete bollocks nowadays and know's he's a first pick... I think he could do with being pushed harder for a place to help him keep improving and not become complacent..

And I agree about buying quality in depth, to make sure players don't feel to comfortable and think that they don't always have to put a shift in, as they'll get picked next week anyway!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.