Yaya

Marvin said:
I am certain his hamstring was not fully healed.....not once did he run at their back line

I thought that from the first few minutes. I wondered would you re-appear in the second half as he clearly was not right.

YAYA on the ball is world class of it he is not, he doesn't bust a gut to get back that's why his best position is behind the Striker! Players who play midfield need pace skill and discipline..

Within a 4-4-2, I think he is given too much responsibility. His lack of effort at times can be exploited and it can cost us. Either he is pushed further forward and stays there where the work is not as necessary, or he is dropped further back as a true holding midfielder alongside another with an attacking midfielder infront, not a striker. He is good, very good, but needs to kick it up a notch again.

Blue Elmo said:
Within a 4-4-2, I think he is given too much responsibility. His lack of effort at times can be exploited and it can cost us. Either he is pushed further forward and stays there where the work is not as necessary, or he is dropped further back as a true holding midfielder alongside another with an attacking midfielder infront, not a striker. He is good, very good, but needs to kick it up a notch again.

If Pellegrini is coming in with a 4-2-2-2 we'll see the same old rubbish from Yaya we do when he's played anywhere other than behind the striker. He's a great player, one we've depended on but truthfully I think he'll always be something of a square peg in a round hole and defensively a liability.

NQCitizen said:
Blue Elmo said:

If Pellegrini is coming in with a 4-2-2-2 we'll see the same old rubbish from Yaya we do when he's played anywhere other than behind the striker. He's a great player, one we've depended on but truthfully I think he'll always be something of a square peg in a round hole and defensively a liability.

No what he needs is a player who can actually fill that role and allow him to move forward without having to worry about defending the back four. Barry is way past his best and imo needs to be replaced come the summer

If it is Fernandinho then that will be a vast improvement

He had to fight for a game at Barca and would play well in almost any position for them. He needs to have more competition and not be an automatic starter. Then his hunger and desire to impress may return. If not then why not sell him now and cash in ??

Didn't appear fully fit to me .....

and i'm none too sure that Silva really was either!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.