yaya.....

super_city_si said:
I dont think we can rotate this guy at all this season. He is too important. Has to play all prem and cl games, probably rest him for the domestic cups.

I agree he is instrumental to our play but that is provided the right environment exists.

In a two man midfield he is a shadow of the player he can be as he is so easily bypassed and he doesn't like the rough stuff,however,add a another 'grafter' in there and we see the commanding,influential monster come to life as he is allowed the space and time to dictate.

Against poor opposition its not a big problem,against quality its quite the opposite.

If we could get a proper defensive mid to sit next to fernan and let Yaya play in front of them, that would be ideal for away games and tough home games. Yaya is so talented and the fact is he can create just as well as anyone.

Chippy_boy said:
Perhaps if we gave that Jack bloke (I forget his name) a game, it might work.

Perhaps if that Jack bloke could stay fit, he might get a game.....

I always think Yaya plays better when Silvas playing . They seem to have a good understanding of each others game . Got a lot of time for Yaya Toure he his one of my favourite players .

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
This thread should go in the classics just for the doubters alone

He's the complete midfielder who now has fuel for his engine in the form of fern, 15+ this year looks a real possibilty, and should it happen we'll win one of the major 2 trophies, immense again from the big man!!!

The most complete footballer in the league.

This isn't supposed to be a criticism, but the thing that sort of frustrates me about Yaya (or moreso the characteristics of his game) is that there seems to be no clear cut position for him. It's as if he just doesn't have a full defined role and as such we kinda have to go out of the way to accommodate him.

Does anybody else know what I mean? It's as if even though the bloke is a phenomenal player (which we all know), he kinda disrupts a potentially better balanced side.

When everything is hunky-dory and he's steamrolling the opposition, we look unstoppable & he looks unplayable. When it isn't, he's caught in no mans land and we get clearly exposed playing a midfield two, leaving Yaya copping a lot of stick for being lazy and what not as a result.

I would like to see him in a midfield 3 as some of the others have mentioned - at this time preferably alongside Nasri, whom from what we've he seen shares both a close personal and playing bond with. We've heard that Nasri's ability is underrated in deeper positions, so I'd like Pellers to put that to the test and see what comes of it.

OB1 said:

He's the complete midfielder who now has fuel for his engine in the form of fern, 15+ this year looks a real possibilty, and should it happen we'll win one of the major 2 trophies, immense again from the big man!!!

Spot on, and too often forgotten on here

newenglandblue said:
OB1 said:

Spot on, and too often forgotten on here

Very true..........when he and silva play together they look like world beaters. Very rarely loses the ball, I despair at the criticism on this forum of him.

Yaya is a ballwatcher. This contributes to the fact that defensively he is very poor. This only really shows up against the better teams , either away or in Europe. City will ultimately fail again this year if we continue to operate solely with him and fern in midfield. Maybe playing nasri and silva a little narrower will disguise his deficiencies.
I urge any of you to actually watch him as we defend his eyes never leave the ball for one second, he is continually drawn towards the ball. It is very naive .

However what a ball for the equaliser. It is a conundrum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.