yaya.....

Worringly he was still blowing late in the second half in a game where we hardly moved into 2nd gear, folk can put any spin they want on it but a fitter yaya may well have performed more than the 1 loco trick and we've ('citeh') got the mullah to purchase such an individual.

I can't believe what I'm reading, do you all have a memory span of one football match? Yaya is one of the most reliable players in the league, he very rarely loses the ball due to his strength, speed and skill.

909 passes attempted by Yaya Touré in the league this season, more than any other player. With a 91.4% completion.

Paulski said:
I can't believe what I'm reading, do you all have a memory span of one football match? Yaya is one of the most reliable players in the league, he very rarely loses the ball due to his strength, speed and skill.
I can't believe you've read what you're reading.

Yaya will have 2 careers. One as the marauding midfielder and another as the deep lying playmaker. Perhaps it won't be with us. Maybe in Italy. But he will play at the top level for as long as he so chooses.

Paulski said:

however....his defending isn't the best.

IMO, Yaya is playing in the wrong position. He should playing behind the striker.

totalfootball said:
Paulski said:

however....his defending isn't the best.

IMO, Yaya is playing in the wrong position. He should playing behind the striker.

Ferny is definitely the better defender of the two, but as Yaya almost never gives the ball away regardless of his position on the pitch (he makes some cracking passes at the top of the pitch) that makes up for his defensive frailties. I always thought that a team made up of ten Yayas would probably kick arse, he's the most complete player we've got in my eyes.

On another note it's pretty funny how Fernandinho is turning into a Yaya MkII with his gallops forward, I love it!

bonespost said:
909 passes attempted by Yaya Touré in the league this season, more than any other player. With a 91.4% completion.
Paulski said:
This is not his problem. He is reliable with the ball, he rarely gives it away. He can be a powerful and damaging running machine driving us forward from midfield to the box in seconds.

He also doesn't work hard enough to win the ball back at times (especially in non- big games), he is very immobile off the mark so if the opposition have players who have a bit of speed or quick feet/passing - and especially if he's in just a two man central midfield - he is easily bypassed. He's often very petulant, slamming the ball down at times when he disagrees with the ref or clips the heels of opponents when they've run past him.

He should only play in central midfield if we play with one up front and he's in a three man central midfield, or he should play further forward.

In the most important games he's usually our most important player, he's our biggest of big game players. But not all of our games carry the same importance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.