yaya.....

gazzaa2 said:
lasereyes said:
Blue Coop said:
I expect Yaya to turn it on against Arsenal, like he normally does in the big games, and it's those performance that keep him in the team.

Unfortunately, it's away from home when I feel like we carry him at times, certainly if he's central and not further forward.

As I mentioned on another post, I would stop making him an automatic starter. Wouldn't be a bad thing for him to warm the benches for some of those big scrap away games against less glamorous teams where he generally goes MIA. For instance, we could have started Milner in Central Midfield yesterday and at least we know he gives a damn and will fight for every ball. I think the Fernandinho, Milner partnership is worth trying in some of these games.

Barry and Fernandinho would have been good for these away games we keep dropping points in where Yaya goes AWOL.

This spot on and has been happening for some time. The ironic thing though, is that Yaya is capable of scoring a goal when we really need one. He is certainly a player that every other club in the Premier League would want in their side. However I agree that he could have more impact at times from the bench. I have said on here before that we need another midfielder so Yaya isn't required every game, but if he is available from the bench then we can keep the team evolving by having Yaya's eventual replacement getting used to playing some games in our side.

Yaya would be good as an attacking midfielder in away games if we had a good third midfielder to play deeper.

Remember Newcastle away the week before QPR and who came to our rescue? City struggling to score... De Jong comes on, Yaya goes forward... and the rest is history.

The problem with Yaya is hes a World class Attacking Midfielder when he feels like it but not a World class defensive midfielder. Teams with 5 mobile midfielders can expose Yayas unwillingness to track back especially when we always have two up top.

Maybe in jan we will add another combative midfielder like Fernandinho and we will move Yaya forward and just let him play his natural game.

Jesus fucking wept, every team in the world would kill for Yaya in their team. Along with Vidal, Kroos & Xabi Alonso he is one of the best all around midfielders in the world.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Jesus fucking wept, every team in the world would kill for Yaya in their team.

It just proves the average football fan is fucking clueless when it comes to actually understanding football.

Yaya would start for every team in the Prem every week without any doubts at all

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Jesus fucking wept, every team in the world would kill for Yaya in their team. Along with Vidal, Kroos & Xabi Alonso he is one of the best all around midfielders in the world.

The points being made,which are correct,are that he needs to play further up the field to cause maximum damage and enable us to defend the back 4,if that happens we can win the league,he must know himself that he is not a defensive midfielder so better for him as well.

Rascal said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Jesus fucking wept, every team in the world would kill for Yaya in their team.

It just proves the average football fan is fucking clueless when it comes to actually understanding football.

Yaya would start for every team in the Prem every week without any doubts at all

Average football fan wrong forum

Yaya is far more than just an attacking midfielder. His defensive capabilities are often undersold. However, he is not the kind of player that is designed to nip about winning the ball. What he is as good as anyone one at is sitting deep and taking the ball from the back four and then distributing it to a team mate.

He would indeed start in every other team in the league.

Watch Yaya next Saturday, he will be immense. He loves the big games and will boss the midfield. Wilshere, Ramsay and arteta won't know what's hit them. Yaya needs to start doing it week in week out though. He takes his foot off the pedal against the so called lesser teams but needs to maintain his high standards if we are going to win the league. Even so, Yaya would walk into every premier league team, even at 50% of his best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.