Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing to see how smart the lads looked to and from Kiev, in their TM Lewin suits, waistcoats and ties - then Yaya saunters up with his top button undone, tie half way down his chest and no waistcoat looking like he's been up about 5 minutes. Not very holistic.

Well there lays the problem which for me is down to management, play him in his right position at current state and he will win games for city

I think he has always been asked to play a role he isn't really suited to at City, be that centre mid without protection or bogus No10. His achevements have been in spite of the managers & tactics rather than helped by them imo.

He could probably go on for years in the right team, with the correct balance of players around him, but if that is not what City plan, then they should let him go rather than leave him exposed.

A wonderful player for City & Cote d Ivorie.

Unique in this modern era & pointless making individual comparisons (Iniesta,Xabi or anyone else) cos all players are unique !

He's been pivotal in getting us from where we were to where we are.

Some pundits & many fans should hang their heads in burning shame for the disrespect shown to a true great at HIS job.

I truly hope he drives us to more trophies this year and seals a deserving legacy.

We have been privileged !!

Disappointing to see how smart the lads looked to and from Kiev, in their TM Lewin suits, waistcoats and ties - then Yaya saunters up with his top button undone, tie half way down his chest and no waistcoat looking like he's been up about 5 minutes. Not very holistic.
I thought exactly this when I saw the pictures of them on there way to Kiev , had a face like a slapped arse too

I like how they've put "Alves or Robben" in order to be able to crowbar Yaya into that list of "5" players. I'd also say Iniesta, Tevez, Mascherano, Chinless Ronaldo and Petr Cech are just as deserving of a place in that list.

Put Alves or Robben as couldnt decide who to put 5th.... so regardless of what i put after Yaya, in 3rd, i still see him in the top 5 and better than all below him

Iniesta, Ronaldo and Mascherano are all at least a year younger.

Tevez drops down because he's playing in a poor league.

Also didnt put goalkeepers as they get better with age and have longer careers thus dont suffer the same decline as outfield players ...for example Buffon is 37 and still one of the best in the world. And you cant really say Cech is a better footballer than any top outfielder as you cant compare.

Yes, he's been a wonderful player for club and country, those days are behind him now though...

Unique in this modern era & pointless making individual comparisons (Iniesta,Xabi or anyone else) cos all players are unique !

Yes, again nobody has ever dismissed his role in helping us come from where we were to where we are...

Some pundits & many fans should hang their heads in burning shame for the disrespect shown to a true great at HIS job.
Yaya should hang his head in shame equally with the disrespect he's shown MY club at times...

I truly hope he drives us to more trophies this year and seals a deserving legacy.
Not sure anybody would want different...

Yes we have, again though we're talking about the past..

This!
Use him wisely until the end of season and we may just go out in a swathe of glory. The only problem being will Yaya and Pellegrini be able to cope with that? Me thinks not. There lieth the problem.

Agree with points made by @CrownPointBlue and @Scully. Yaya has been my favourite player over the last few years and has scored some of the most important and amazing goals for us. Yes we all remember the Aguero moment but without the Newcastle away goals, the Stoke away etc the Aguero moment wouldn't have mattered anyway. Not to forget the FA Cup semi-final winner against that lot, then the Final winner.
The goal that Vardy scored when he volleyed the ball from 30 odd yards, many pundits were raving it and rightly so. He will most likely not score another goal like that in his career, Yaya will score a goal like that every other month, he's such a brilliant player. We have been privileged to have had him played for us.

I just love the man.

Last edited:

Some of the things he's done are mind numbing. He's not what he once was but we mustn't forget what he was though. Beast.

Big game required from yaya today , lets remember him for the beast of a footballer he has been for our club , a 25 yard screamer to win the Cup , will nullify a lot of the negativity surrounding him this season , the writing is on the wall in the summer , he isn't mobile enough for a Pep team .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.