Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yawwwwwwn. We had them rattled with our original set up, that's the way we should go and the most seamless way to do it is Sterling for Silva.

You put Yaya in then you've to put Kev wide where he's less effective and you lose the ability to press as a unit as Yaya will just not do it.

I think you have a dodgy W key on your keyboard blue.

The problem with that is Sterling can not control the ball, keep hold of the ball, pass the ball to a team mate or put the ball in the net when presented with a straight forward chance.

Yaya needs to play if he is fit.
Sterling has more goals and more assists than Yaya from fewer games. Not bad for someone who can't pass or put the ball in the net.

Sterling has more goals and more assists than Yaya from fewer games. Not bad for someone who can't pass or put the ball in the net.

Statistics!

Are you suggesting Sterling is a better passer of the ball or better finisher than Yaya (even the more recent, past his best Yaya) ?

Statistics!

Are you suggesting Sterling is a better passer of the ball or better finisher than Yaya (even the more recent, past his best Yaya) ?

Don't think he is tbh, he's just making a point to counter NW's absurd assertion.

Sterling plays in a more advanced role, you would expect him to be involved in more goals. Yaya can control a game much better than Sterling. Maybe with both coming back from injuries, they will both play part of the game, with Yaya starting and Sterling coming on as an impact sub later on?

Statistics!

Facts!

Nope, my point is that even though most of Sterling's game needs a lot of work, he's still a very effective attacking player when used correctly. I'd play him way up the pitch in the away leg, constantly running in behind when we turn the ball over. De Bruyne should play deeper in midfield, and look to release Aguero and Sterling quickly.

Absolutely no point giving the ball to Sterling on the halfway line with his back to goal.

Facts!

Nope, my point is that even though most of Sterling's game needs a lot of work, he's still a very effective attacking player when used correctly. I'd play him way up the pitch in the away leg, constantly running in behind when we turn the ball over. De Bruyne should play deeper in midfield, and look to release Aguero and Sterling quickly.

Absolutely no point giving the ball to Sterling on the halfway line with his back to goal.
And away in Madrid sterling will still be getting the ball on the half way line with his back to goal. Will be needed more in defensive role. So don't think he should start ahead of yaya who can control ball and keep possession while under pressure.

Sterling plays in a more advanced role, you would expect him to be involved in more goals. Yaya can control a game much better than Sterling. Maybe with both coming back from injuries, they will both play part of the game, with Yaya starting and Sterling coming on as an impact sub later on?
Depends, i'd rather start with Sterling. If Real take the lead and start to sit back a bit more limiting space, then Sterling is largely ineffective, i think he's relatively useless as an attacking substitution when we're chasing the game. He's most suited to the situation the tie is in now - Real having to win.

Toure on the other hand can really affect the game in either situation as a substitute, but i really do not want him in the starting line-up in a match where everyone has to give 100%, 100% of the time. Even if he's up for it mentally, physically i think he just can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.